• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Got caught lacking came back trapping

I finally caught the chicken killer
I’m thinking that “coon” is saying “are you going to talk me to death”? “Please shoot me…!” I hope you let him go… somewhere far away in the woods… but don’t listen to me…going soft in my old dotage.🙀🤓😄

Be nice to let him go, but he has learned eating chickens and living off humans.
No matter where you let him out he will find his way back to his bad habits. I could not let him go to become somebody else’s problem.
This unfortunately is very true. The commission trapped my nuisance bear years ago. It wound up becoming someone else’s nuisance bear many miles from my house until it got shot in bear season. I completely understand and even get disgusted with the practice that we have to kill every animal that annoys us. But there are just too many humans everywhere now and these poor animals are just doomed because of what we taught them.

This unfortunately is very true. The commission trapped my nuisance bear years ago. It wound up becoming someone else’s nuisance bear many miles from my house until it got shot in bear season. I completely understand and even get disgusted with the practice that we have to kill every animal that annoys us. But there are just too many humans everywhere now and these poor animals are just doomed because of what we taught them.
Wants you interact and play and become friends with a baby racoon...your thoughts change.

I hate to be “this guy”, and I’ll preface this by disclosing that I’ve killed plenty of raccoons in my life, but the way you’re mocking and terrorizing this animal is unnecessary. I understand you need to kill him to protect your property and avenge your chickens, but don’t make him sit in that cage for two days while yelling at him and stomping his feet. Just put a pellet in his skull and be done with it. You’re enormously more powerful than he is, and he doesn’t know any better. Why abuse your power and punish him excessively just for being a raccoon?

There are many things about our (human) interaction with wildlife that I am not wholly comfortable with. I do not agree with killing an animal if it is merely annoying. Property damage is another story and in the case of your bear, a hazard to life.
Think of the stories we have seen of hunters rescuing deer with their antlers locked and doomed to a slow agonizing death without human intervention, an elk hung up on a barb wire fence, people making sure a clutch of ducklings safely cross the road, the member here who posted about the baby robin they rescued.
As hunters or even pesters we are not condemmed to just killing. We are complex beings with intellect that allows us to compartmentalize our interactions with animals. We can deal with the unpleasant necessity at times and at others extend an act that of kindness no animal is capable of.

Reactions: 2muchair4leyla
I hate to be “this guy”, and I’ll preface this by disclosing that I’ve killed plenty of raccoons in my life, but the way you’re mocking and terrorizing this animal is unnecessary. I understand you need to kill him to protect your property and avenge your chickens, but don’t make him sit in that cage for two days while yelling at him and stomping his feet. Just put a pellet in his skull and be done with it. You’re enormously more powerful than he is, and he doesn’t know any better. Why abuse your power and punish him excessively just for being a raccoon?
I live close to the forest and have had squirrels and Raccons in my attics terrorizing me and costing me money years before I ever start killing or trapping them I talk poop to them when they're in my walls and attic and I talk poop to them when they're in my traps. I'll leave him in there for 2 days because he just ate a whole chicken and I plan to skin him an gut him right after I shoot him which goes alot better after they've fully digested a big meal. Excessive punishment is relative Excessive to me is not giving food or water and pulling out my airsoft rifle and using him for target practice 🤔

I get no joy from exterminating an animal but I know that sometimes you have to do what needs done to protect your property. I've done what needed to be done myself on many occasions. With that said I think I'd just load that trap and raccoon up in the truck and take him for a ride miles out in the boonies somewhere and simply let him loose. It's the humane thing to do.

Last edited:
I agree, just walk up and out right kill it. The long conversation with an animal that doesn’t understand verges on cruelty. And I am a killer, so it’s not about that…

Reactions: 2muchair4leyla
I live close to the forest and have had squirrels and Raccons in my attics terrorizing me and costing me money years before I ever start killing or trapping them I talk poop to them when they're in my walls and attic and I talk poop to them when they're in my traps. I'll leave him in there for 2 days because he just ate a whole chicken and I plan to skin him an gut him right after I shoot him which goes alot better after they've fully digested a big meal. Excessive punishment is relative Excessive to me is not giving food or water and pulling out my airsoft rifle and using him for target practice 🤔

This cracked me up. Might have to subscribe to your channel. Actually solid content.

But dude, you’re all bunched up about this whole thing because you know I’m right. You said it yourself. I got to you. You’ve been thinking about it all day. You made a video about it. And I’m not even one of the people on this thread telling you to drive it into the woods and set it free. I agree with you, the raccoon has to die. But stomping on it and yelling at it is just weird. It’s ironic that you’re calling ME a punk, because a grown man threatening to light up a caged animal with an airsoft gun is some pretty punk a$& $h1t. It’s not badass. It’s just sad and it makes you look like a bully, which makes you look weak.

So do your voices and mock my post all you want, but I watched a couple of your gun review videos and saw a guy who’s actually calm and collected and stoic and knowledgable. And that’s a much better look for you than the guy talking smack to a caged animal a tenth his size and then getting defensive about it when he’s called out.