Got another Springer ! R7

Yes, Air Arms Falcon 7.33, JSB makes the same 7.33. Works good too in my gun. But I think the Falcons a a little better. Could be between my ears though.
No you're right. They do work "a little better" but the JSB RS 7.33 normally work well enough. They were good enough for my best ten shot group from my Hw30s. Granted it was only ten yards in my basement but please keep in mind it was with my tech sited (tactical peep sights) 30.

I'm sure I'll never be able to do that again. I really considered stopping at my normal five shot group. Truth was I was drinking and said WTF keep going. No guts, no glory has been my impaired mantra for decades. Usually it doesn't pan out this well😔

20220310_095124.jpg

20220310_095157.jpg

20220310_095105.jpg

Reactions: Struckat
I'd recommend what shot the best in mine but they're no longer made. I have others to test and hopefully before weather goes totally bad here in NY but if you don't mind wadcutters, RWS R-10 Match heavy 8.2gr shoot well in mine along with the already mentioned AA Falcon 7.33's. Mine also shot a pretty good groups with the Rifle Ammunition Precision 8.33gr pellets.
Target was set at 25 yards and no tweaks to the scope, just aimed dead center to see how different ones would group.
Beeman R7 .177 sight in.jpgRifle 177 pellets.jpg

Another vote for the AA Falcon 7.33. Tried them in Kim’s HW30 a couple weeks ago and they’ve been excellent. She’s shooting with the stock sights just switched to a circle insert in front. Had some friends over yesterday and we did some plinking. She wore the metal squirrel and spinners out. And the Coke bottles with the Umarex caps on them too. Really is a great little gun.

The rifle will be here Wednesday. Probably will fire it to see how much dieseling
I get before cleaning the barrel. Then I will shoot it 20-30 shots before seeing
what kind of chronograph numbers I get. I did get a scope for it for $92.
Ended up with a Hawke Vantage 4X32 AO. I already have some Hawke medium
rings so I'm good to go !

Reactions: Mycapt65
The rifle will be here Wednesday. Probably will fire it to see how much dieseling
I get before cleaning the barrel. Then I will shoot it 20-30 shots before seeing
what kind of chronograph numbers I get. I did get a scope for it for $92.
Ended up with a Hawke Vantage 4X32 AO. I already have some Hawke medium
rings so I'm good to go !
That's a great simple all purpose combo. I have a Vantage straight 4x32 on my Hw50 and it does everything I need it to do. Given the effective range of the Hw30, I think the Vantage 4x is a great fit.

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling