Got another Springer ! R7

That's a great simple all purpose combo. I have a Vantage straight 4x32 on my Hw50 and it does everything I need it to do. Given the effective range of the Hw30, I think the Vantage 4x is a great fit.
Thx ! I figured the scope would fit size-to-weigh ratio nicely on a R7. Funny thing is on every
springer I've owned that had a variable power scope I would leave the magnification midway
and never mess with it. That being the case what's the sense in having a variable!

Reactions: Mycapt65
Another vote for the AA Falcon 7.33. Tried them in Kim’s HW30 a couple weeks ago and they’ve been excellent. She’s shooting with the stock sights just switched to a circle insert in front. Had some friends over yesterday and we did some plinking. She wore the metal squirrel and spinners out. And the Coke bottles with the Umarex caps on them too. Really is a great little gun.
I will definitely try the Falcons! Have you chronographed those in your 30 ?

Thx ! I figured the scope would fit size-to-weigh ratio nicely on a R7. Funny thing is on every
springer I've owned that had a variable power scope I would leave the magnification midway
and never mess with it. That being the case what's the sense in having a variable!
It's probably just me but I have a hard time remembering holdovers for every gun at every power. At least if you learn a gun with a fixed power the holdovers are constant for that gun. I often spaz out and forget that I've since changed the magnification and use the wrong holdover. I have to be like you and learn to leave them at one usable power.

I will definitely try the Falcons! Have you chronographed those in your 30 ?
Yep. This gun isn’t fully broken in yet I don’t think. This was at about 60 shot mark. She put some more through it this weekend. Her favorite by far.

E981F1ED-BC30-4C46-A50B-DCF71CFA480F.jpeg

AC894607-FDA7-4900-9FB0-9E62BF3D028D.jpeg

Well it came today. I'll post pictures soon. Probably after scope is mounted. The
wife has no issues cocking it. Shot it three or four times and no dieseling or
any smoke present after firing. I pulled the stock to see condition of the spring
grease. Looks good ! Decided to put a drop of silicone chamber lube as I think
this gun has sat and is probably dry. I won't fire it until tomorrow to give the lube
a chance to evaporate off limiting dieseling. Until then, I not quite fully cock and uncock
the rifle a few times just to disperse the lube. I then lay the gun on the opposite side
for awhile and then partially cock and uncock the rifle again. I'll keep doing that
periodically until I go to bed. I did shoot some shots over the chronograph today.
All pellets weighed for consistency.

JSB 7.3 gr.
1. 674 fps.
2. 673
3. 678
4. 667
5. 672

672 fps Average
11 fps ES
3 fps SD.

Air Arms 7.9 gr
1. 656 fps
2. 644
3. 650
4. 650
5. 653

650 fps Average
12 fps ES
4 fps SD

Last edited:
After letting rifle sit all night without firing after 1 drop of chamber oil I
fired it this morning. No loud crack ! None. A little smoke in the barrel
but that quickly disappeared after 20 shots. I then decided to see what
chronograph improvements there were. She's a shooter !

JSB 7.3 gr.

1. 686 fps
2. 685
3. 688
4. 680
5. 687

685 fps Average
8 fps ES
2 fps SD

Reactions: jccams