• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Got A Suppressor Setup For The DAR .25

I was looking at a airgun YouTube channel that I follow and they mentioned a company called Buck Rail. They are a Veteran owned company in Texas. I checked out their site and saw that they sell a 1/2-20 suppressor that is 3D printed with a steel thread insert for $25 shipped. Made in the USA. I decided to roll the dice and give it a try. My DAR 25 has always been a little on the loud side, so I figured I would try and tone it down with one of the Buck Rail suppressors. I ordered one and a 1/2-20 adapter from Donny FL. Total was about $73 including shipping for the adapter and suppressor. I ordered both of them last Friday and they were delivered today. (Tuesday)
I was pretty impressed with the Buck Rail Suppressor. Look. If you are expecting Donny FL or Zero DB quality and performance from a $25 3D printed suppressor, forget it! It ain't happening. However it definitely takes quite a bit of the bite off of the bark of the DAR 25. You can tell from just dry firing it in my living room. It is noticeably quieter. Is it now backyard friendly? I would say it depends on how big your yard is and where you live. Not mouse fart quiet. It is however, a lot better than it was. I like it! It has a cool finish on the outside of it. The quality is good really. For the price, you get value for your money. The Donny FL adapter is as expected. Excellent quality. For $40, well worth it!
I'm going to get another one of these and fit it on my Xisico Sentry 705-9K .22
The 1/2-20 Suppressor from Buck Rail comes in 177/22 & 25
It measures 6.25" long and 1 3/16" in diameter.
I can't wait to get out and shoot it!

ISWMe1Hl.jpg
[/url][/img]

I7vwsgJl.jpg
[/url][/img]

Cant wait to try one. Getting one thinking it WILL blow up on hottest .25 but will give it a fair evaluation at more reasonable fpe and see how high it goes and how it compares to the ever popular (much much more costly) actually made in china -doesn't matter to me except for price- airgun silencer. Also plan on compare it on a .22 Maximus vs TKO another small light unit that works pretty well under 25ish fpe .

John

I saw the same video, but I am skeptical in purchasing a moderator that is 3D printed. I have tried 2 other moderators that were 3D printed and with both I experienced pellet clipping. So, I hope this works for you.

I don't know where you have bought 3D printed suppressors from in the past. I don't think it is fair to lump things you have bought from other sellers that didn't work out with other sellers today. 

Maybe their methods weren't weren't sound? Doesn't mean another manufacturer might try something different that works way better than the previous ones you bought from before that were also 3D printed.

Well, Like I said. If anyone thinks it will match high end suppressors for $25, Forget it. I'm not claiming that. I'm not sponsored by them or anyone else. I'm just telling you how quiet their suppressor were for me. They are a Veteran owned company. I will support them. I seriously doubt these Dudes will stake their reputation on some junk that is worthless. Most likely they have tested it thoroughly because they care what goes out with their name on it. What American company in this day and age would base their business model on some junk product like that? They wouldn't last long! 

If you do not want to buy from them, that's up to you. So be it. Their product worked great for me so far. That's all I'm saying. To each their own.

It's all good. I am just a little "gun" shy after trying 2 that were 3D printed and I may or may not get the same results with this being that it is 3D printed. I may try it. No, you cannot beat the price on it. So, I will still consider it or just save a little more and get a DonnyFl. I am still considering my options. I am glad this worked for you.