Got a Steyr LP50

And it's sweet. It's my new favorite pellet gun by far. I like pistols and this one delivers for back yard fun.

I got mine with the ambidextrous stock. It has the same grip angle as the adjustable 10 meter stocks...which I find point high with a 2 hand grip. Fine for one hand but I prefer shooting with two since it's easier... Think I'll try the 1911 grip panels they sell for the gun.

IMG_1431.1646986129.jpeg
IMG_1447.1646986130.jpeg

I've got one also. The compact version. I put a Leupold, Delta Point Pro red dot sight on it. It's an early version that actually has a "delta" (hence the name) as the aiming point. It works great as you use the top point of the triangle as the "point" of aim.

As they say...way more accurate than I am ! The biggest problem with the gun though...I forget to check the air pressure, and run out of air, as in empty ! Done it a few times.

I've also thought of getting the 1911 Government grip a few times, just haven't done it...yet

Steyr LP50 Compact, .177.1647033453.JPG

Mike

I love these pistols, so much so that I sold most of my other air pistols. Congrats on your find and purchase!

I just got my Steyr LP5 back from Pilk a month ago. It's the predecessor of the LP50. I had a total rebuild done because I've had it 23 years since when I bought it new from Don Nygord at his residence in Prescott AZ, man time has gone by quick! In that whole time frame the gun worked fine but the air cylinders gradually got to the point where they would leak out in a half hour or so, lol, so I bought a new cylinder for it too.

Agree with all above, love my LP50! For those looking at a more upright grip, similar to a 1911, you might consider the Silhouette grip from the Steyr LP S. Unfortunately the LP S was discontinued a few years ago but you can find the grips on occasion. I really like mine as I shoot two handed which they are designed for. A comparison is shown below. 

LP50.StdGrip.1647440843.jpg
LP50.SilhoGrip.1647440843.jpg

I liked it so much I got one for my LP10 EVO.

EVO10.StdGrip.1647441160.jpg
EVO10.SilhoGrip.1647441161.jpg

Nick

Airgunsplus in Canada has them in stock https://www.airgunsplus.ca/shop/steyr-grips-sizing-2/

Pricing is in Canadian dollars, times .79 for US dollars, approx $235 I believe. Best to check with them for details, shipping, etc. I have dealt with them before, good company.

Neal Stepp at ISS in Ft Worth, Tx can get them but is special order. Might save a few $$ but will take some time. Best to call 817-595-2090. Good guy to deal with.