• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Got a scammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scammer messaged me here on my WTB ad for .20 cal Sumatra magazines. I’m still dicking him along. LOL
1f923.svg

AGN username: jj321

email address: [email protected]

cashapp ID: $AllenMcCain112800

MOD EDIT: removed Gov't issued ID (which may or may not be real).

So you posted an add for something which has never been made, I guess? Then you assumed anyone who answered you would provide a real id?

Is that a correct assessment of the game we are playing here?

Unless he's a real dumb scammer that's not his ID, it's "borrowed" or "stolen".

Yeab and it isn't hard to create an email address with something added to the end of a name, something like "2dj"... One hopes that is where the "dick pic" went.

I guess I'll go track down "Derek" and find out if he knows who might be using his identity....

... and the license published was that of a gentleman who has absolutely nothing to do with the "Cashapp" account also published ... Neither does he own the email address [email protected]

He is a soldier (or was as of Jan 2020) with 10 years of service. It is interesting that someone that age would have entered service so late in life. He only JUST managed to make the cut off.. His information does not suggest that he has any idea that his ID has been used this way. I would contact him but I have no legal liability in the matter and any problems caused by this lunacy will not come back to me.

I think we should be more careful of posting these sorts of things because it is very easy to make asses of ourselves in so doing. In particular, I think the sending of "dick pics" to total strangers ACCUSED of being scammers should probably be strongly discouraged by management BECAUSE if it isn't it raises all sorts of questions about liabilities when some ten year old kid gets a "dick pic" forwarded by someone who really should have KNOWN BETTER in the first place.

There is also the matter of members of the forum gratuitously sending "DICK PICS" ... kinda reflects upon AGN...

Hope that is helpful.

Reactions: JimNM
Scammer messaged me here on my WTB ad for .20 cal Sumatra magazines. I’m still dicking him along. LOL
1f923.svg

So you posted an add for something which has never been made, I guess? Then you assumed anyone who answered you would provide a real id?

Just because you’ve never seen or heard of it means it doesn’t exist?? How about you do more research before you post in a public forum and look like the ass you referred to.

Guess I own a unicorn,PAL.

Mike, is that the game we are playing now? Your assessment is a JOKE.

FYI, I didn’t assume anything like you are, they provided the ID without requesting it. 

Unless he's a real dumb scammer that's not his ID, it's "borrowed" or "stolen".

Yeab and it isn't hard to create an email address with something added to the end of a name, something like "2dj"... One hopes that is where the "dick pic" went.

I guess I'll go track down "Derek" and find out if he knows who might be using his identity....

... and the license published was that of a gentleman who has absolutely nothing to do with the "Cashapp" account also published ... Neither does he own the email address [email protected]

He is a soldier (or was as of Jan 2020) with 10 years of service. It is interesting that someone that age would have entered service so late in life. He only JUST managed to make the cut off.. His information does not suggest that he has any idea that his ID has been used this way. I would contact him but I have no legal liability in the matter and any problems caused by this lunacy will not come back to me.

I think we should be more careful of posting these sorts of things because it is very easy to make asses of ourselves in so doing. In particular, I think the sending of "dick pics" to total strangers ACCUSED of being scammers should probably be strongly discouraged by management BECAUSE if it isn't it raises all sorts of questions about liabilities when some ten year old kid gets a "dick pic" forwarded by someone who really should have KNOWN BETTER in the first place.

There is also the matter of members of the forum gratuitously sending "DICK PICS" ... kinda reflects upon AGN...

Hope that is helpful.

Mike, Heed your own advise, and get off your moral high horse before accusing someone of something bogus because you are ignorant to the facts. 
Gotta love the internet genius ethics police. 
AGN ought to do something about forum members falsely accusing other members without facts right, Mike?

1f923.svg

Here you go just in case you are still too lazy to do the research
14ED27F8-CB55-4140-ACE5-4386BB4033A7.1631163980.jpeg

Madkatt - Ive only just opened the account recently and didn’t think about searching for a scammer list. I hardly ever use forums until this past two weeks so I’m still behind the curve. I’d thought I’d join a community but I’m having second thoughts with the internet know-it-all’s.

It's all fun and games til someone posts YOUR GVT Id on a public forum and accuses YOU of being a criminal.

Calling out a scammer is good, but not verifying the actual identity BEFORE posting a pic of someone's ID is not. I tried to give you the head up, but you left the pic there, to be deleted by a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.