• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Got A New Puppy/Changing Shooting

We have two rescue dogs, well sort of. One came from the humane society, the other just showed up at our house about 13 years ago. I guess he could read because we found him asleep on our welcome mat by the door early on mothers day morning.

Minion and Fido.

Fido minion.1625067864.JPG

Today I shot the D54 .20 Hector Special and slammed the next iron target on cue.

I have HW98s that do the same thing.

I shot the new .22 HW35E as well to figure out whether JSB Jumbo .22s are better than HN .22 FTTs.

It likes the JSB Exact Jumbo .22s which deliver lower velocity better accuracy.

This is the thing about every single rifle I own; they like certain things outside of the norm like HEAVIES instead of lites.

Go figure.

I think it is related to the fact nothing is heavier than lead to shoot and antimonizing or tinning or substituting anything else BUT LEAD is WRONG in an air rifle I have.

So they all shoot heavy lead without "EXPRESS" indication to lighter weighted alloys of lead.

I say get the lead out only and get rid of those "hyped velocities" you see in lighter pellets.

There are pellets out there with little "red tips" and alloyed material that increase your velocity BUT NOT YOUR ACCURACY and IMPACT.

I wrote on another thread the viability of a simple HW98 to satisfy anyone seeking "a better air rifle" if they already haven't done it:

Get an HW98 and END IT ALL while you watch others fiddling around with less and reporting on a site asking or begging for advice on how to "improve" their pellet shooting out to 50 yards. 

Get the HW98!

Don't worry about a custom D54 .20 sidelever I've got because THAT rifle is rare to get and expensive.

If you WANT to save money and time get the HW98 as soon as possible and don't cry if it is in .25 or .20 or a caliber you are not familiar with. The 98 will make EVERY caliber you choose to PERFORM as an air rifle should! 

I say this with high standards in mind. You will NEVER regret having an HW98.