Got A New Puppy/Changing Shooting

We rescued another puppy that came back from our own DNA swab investment to a dog DNA place as 60% German Shepard, Terrier, and Bull Dog!

That's her in my picture here. We actually were looking for a replacement for a Great Dane we lost. 

We found out what she's made of and it makes perfect sense. The Bull Dog in her is relentless and the other things the other breeds do are perfectly expressed as she grows.

Well this has slowed down my "range" time with my air rifles to the point I will take only a shot or more now and then with an air rifle.

I feel "quiet" and pull out the HW98 .177 with the AA Express Diablos and shoot just to see the rifle hit the reactive target daily. And I am still full of a joy about the HW35E Silver/Walnut .22 I am still "breaking" in with JSB Jumbo Exacts of all things. Another quiet rifle sleeping amidst the loud rifles with more spring and air pressure.

Things always work out with the HW35E and HW98. Always.

Observation and memoir,

Congratulations on the rescue aka fur baby. What a difference they can make and change your routine. We got our rescue just about 3 weeks ago, chocolate lab/Chesapeake Bay Retriever mix. Along with her came a change in my daily afternoon shooting in the backyard. My wife and I have already started her training and next on the list is seeing if she is comfortable with the sounds from my rifle. 
Our older dog usually just sits next to me while I shoot but that took time and he was older. The new edition is only 13 weeks so a gradual introduction to the sounds is warranted as I want to take her with me on my trips into the woods.

Again, congratulations and enjoy the new puppy!

Congratulations on the new dog ! They are a treasure to have around. Especially in these times were in. My avatar picture in her sleeping mode.

20210510_134519.1624485993.jpg

I love dogs ( much more than humans )

Dogs also love me.

But i simply do not dare to get my own dog, as i am nervous i cant hold up to my own high standards, i have done that just fine elsewhere in life, but thats just me, a dog is something else, in my perspective just about as big a deal as getting a child.

Jackie ( picture ) love me, so do her brown older sister Miniito which is a bull mastiff / rottweiler mix.

Jackie.1624548169.jpg

But nobody match the love Fie feel for me, she can barely keep her big body upright when i visit her, and she start pacing back and forth between me and the door as she know very well that i always take a nice long walk with her in the forest.

Fie is also somewhat of a poser.

Before my arrival walking fie was like being tied to a raging bull, and nobody but her owner liked walking her, but that soon changed and Fie now mostly behave like a well mannered lady.

Fie.1624548334.jpg

Milo also love me, but then again he love anyone.

Milo.1624548422.jpg

Unlike my niece getting her french bulldogs from puppy factories in Poland ( i know embarrassing ) i would of course get a rescue if i was to get a dog, but i am not there yet even if i have warmed up to the idea for over a decade now.

I saw a Great Dane in a picture above all Fawn like my late puppy boy (Fawn) who lived to 6 and a half years.

It was the worst day and week and month of my life and for now the New Puppy is filling a huge 200 pound hole in my heart missing "Marmaduke" (his real name).

All the pictured puppies are burst forth here in complete honesty of the phrase a man's best friend!

Today I didn't want to shoot a break barrel and hauled out the D54 .20 Hector Special and slammed a steel target with one shot--and then felt good and set the rifle next to the door.

It is one of those rifles that came come out from being set aside for a month or two and still make the first shot count.

I have a T Shirt that says, "I Like Great Danes and maybe 3 people."

Ha Ha! It's just my love for Great Danes which started in 1966 before I had pellet rifle!

Kindly,

It hurts to lose a dog John ! We weren't going to get another dog but decided the benefits outlay the fact that they don't live that long and it hurts to loose them.

True. I hope to eventually "try again" with a Fawn Great Dane Puppy Boy; but my wife is too broken to consider it.

Me? I'm one of those guys that says "let's do it again!" to deal with the pain.

Kindly,

John

Losing your puppy, regardless of how old they are, is the worst thing in my world! I guess that means that losing relatives is not as bad, but then I should tell you that I really don't like a lot of my relatives to begin with! Dogs are my favorite people, and my 3 big Airedales that are in puppy heaven now are missed every day. We lost Buddy at only 6 years old to a brain tumor. Worst day of my life, as he was too young to go, and was the happiest, most vital dog ever up until about 30 days before he left us. Our old matriarch, Sandy, made it to 15, and she was bound and determined she was going to stick it out with me forever...the most faithful dog in the world. Cody, our last big boy made it to 8, and was cursed with having the worst breeder in the world whose terrible breeding habits left him with a myriad of problems. He was our $10,000 dog, as the vet bills never stopped for him. In spite of all his ailments, he was the happiest dog ever...a real clown, who always made us laugh. He loved watching tv and had all of his favorite ads memorized, and on hearing them start up, he'd come tearing into the room with the tv and start watching. His favorite show was the bullrides, and he had a fit when they were on.

Being an old fart now, the boss said "no more big dogs", as they're too hard to horse around at our age. Our current girl is an Aussiedoodle, weighing in at 55 lbs. Smart as a whip, too smart in fact. She is a lover, they call these dogs "velcro dogs" as they're stuck to you all the time. He main love is playing ball, and she'll wear you out if you let her! If she could hold a bat, she'd make a great shortstop.

It hurts to lose a dog John ! We weren't going to get another dog but decided the benefits outlay the fact that they don't live that long and it hurts to loose them.

True. I hope to eventually "try again" with a Fawn Great Dane Puppy Boy; but my wife is too broken to consider it.

Me? I'm one of those guys that says "let's do it again!" to deal with the pain.

Kindly,

John

My wife felt the same way at first. Once her healing began the desire to love on a new puppy took over.

We also went through the same thing and felt the same way. I think most dog owners do. After some time went by we did decide to adopt again.

The hardest thing in the world is out living your own children.

So true ! Can't complain though. My last Toy Fox Terrier Nipsy lived to be 14.5 years. Chloe (same breed) will be 4 years on October 9th.

D9A76D4D-61BA-4A5F-9B3B-D4FA4D7AA261.1624857867.jpeg
C4C25A9A-755E-41B6-8902-7A26ECBFC592.1624857868.jpeg

Roxy as a pup and at 16 and a bit years. She is deaf and has arthritis in her hips and also a bit of dementia but we and all her family and friends love her. She is a mini foxy and as a young girl would chase wallabies and rabbits on our property. She loved going swimming in the creek and always wants to be the first person in the boat when we go fishing. When we go fishing offshore you have to keep an eye on her as she runs around the gunwales in all conditions.

Gary

D9A76D4D-61BA-4A5F-9B3B-D4FA4D7AA261.1624857867.jpeg
C4C25A9A-755E-41B6-8902-7A26ECBFC592.1624857868.jpeg

Roxy as a pup and at 16 and a bit years. She is deaf and has arthritis in her hips and also a bit of dementia but we and all her family and friends love her. She is a mini foxy and as a young girl would chase wallabies and rabbits on our property. She loved going swimming in the creek and always wants to be the first person in the boat when we go fishing. When we go fishing offshore you have to keep an eye on her as she runs around the gunwales in all conditions.

Gary

Gary...Do my eyes deceive me !! Is that a TFT your holding? I think I remember you talking about her before.