Got 60FPE out of my Royale!

Hey Menttaliist, this thread and the one I'm linking to is for the 25cal. I've learned a lot about the 500 but don't know squat about the internals of the 400. As with the 500 there may be some checks you can do to determine what you have and what it might take to get to where you want to be. One of the big clues with the 500 is the adapter that screws into the bottom of the receiver that the stock bolt screws into to hold secure the stock. We've learned that the lower power and earlier non regulated guns have a thread size of M5 on that fitting if you unscrew it out of the gun and measure it. The high power versions use an adapter that has M6 threads which in turn means some of the porting inside the receiver is also larger than the M5 guns. The 400 may be very similar.

I can't say this is even anywhere close to helping you but it is just one of the clues on the 25cal. Hopefully someone with a better understanding of the 400's will chime in. You can also compare the parts list and see what differences there are. They do list different valves parts I believe.
What was done to your gun to make it the FAC version?.

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/supercharged-my-fx500-royale-thanks-weatherby/

"Glem.Chally"
I got the same parts that used in factory regulated royale 500 from fx Sweden.These include bigger valve, valve seat, bigger transfer port.
I will measure the TP hole.
it appears that there are some more difference between yours and mine.
that has to be digged out.
Hey Umair,
Do you still have the M5 stock mounting boss? Where the boss is that connects your stock to the action where it threads into the action is it a M5 or M6 thread?
Just found out this is another difference between low power and high power factory Royales. This might be the missing piece of the puzzle. I have also bored the ID of the threaded part that goes into the action a bit, the way you see there's also a side port in the threaded section also bored out by me. This is after my initial results however and my measurement shown here is the high power version which is why I ask. You might still have the low power version.
557a8139c09f3099a738f13b810fa703.jpg

1650ac2118d3ff7468d114e2ab43c99a.jpg
dear Glen,

here is the pic of my gun'gun's screw. I think itit's M6. With use and due to slight error in caliber it shows aa bit less.

see it and comment please. 
it looks 5.83mm.
b824335145a30235de974fbc44c11338.jpg

"jking"Hey Menttaliist, this thread and the one I'm linking to is for the 25cal. I've learned a lot about the 500 but don't know squat about the internals of the 400. As with the 500 there may be some checks you can do to determine what you have and what it might take to get to where you want to be. One of the big clues with the 500 is the adapter that screws into the bottom of the receiver that the stock bolt screws into to hold secure the stock. We've learned that the lower power and earlier non regulated guns have a thread size of M5 on that fitting if you unscrew it out of the gun and measure it. The high power versions use an adapter that has M6 threads which in turn means some of the porting inside the receiver is also larger than the M5 guns. The 400 may be very similar.
I can't say this is even anywhere close to helping you but it is just one of the clues on the 25cal. Hopefully someone with a better understanding of the 400's will chime in. You can also compare the parts list and see what differences there are. They do list different valves parts I believe.
What was done to your gun to make it the FAC version?.
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/supercharged-my-fx500-royale-thanks-weatherby/
Valve support (open one) and power adjuster wheel. Nothing else is required to make it F.A.C acording to Fx, hammer springs are the same and most recent Royales .22 don't even have a hammer weight

Hey mubhaur, one thing i've just remembered. 10j Royales include a 5mm longer vale return spring (20mm long) when the full power ones inlude a 15mm. In my case i've changed that as well without noticing any speed differences, but perhaps when talking about 60fpe that might be another story. Good luck
Credits to Weatherby (again) for making me notice that some time ago :)

"Menttaliist"Hey mubhaur, one thing i've just remembered. 10j Royales include a 5mm longer vale return spring (20mm long) when the full power ones inlude a 15mm. In my case i've changed that as well without noticing any speed differences, but perhaps when talking about 60fpe that might be another story. Good luck
Credits to Weatherby (again) for making me notice that some time ago :)
Mine has long valve spring.

Drilled out my low power setting on the power selector and lowered my reg pressure to 150. Got it from 158 or so bar to 150 on the nose on the first try, a miracle haha. So now I have it set at one full turn back from bottomed out on the HST on high gives me 870 with the heavies and on low gives me 920 with the kings. Typically if you're shooting the heavies at one speed it'll be about 100 more fps I've found. Got the drilling out the second setting idea from Mentalist I believe. 

A turn and a half back gives me 830 with the heavies and I would assume 880-890 or so with the kings. In Canada even if I can set the power low it's still a "firearm" so really no advantage to a the original low setting for me. If I ever sell it I can just buy a second power selector and include it.

Great job Glem! And 870 ft/s with the heavies is 57 fpe...enough to stop a moose at close range. :) And 920 ft/s with the Kings is 48 fpe...plenty of power for any small game hunting. Very nice modification all the way around, and I like the way you have taken the time to help some of the other guys with Royals get their guns figured out. You are definitely a valuable asset to the airgun community.
Always the best, Chuck 

I have a little experience with Moose also...I spent many summers at my Grandfathers home on the north side of Sugar Island, Michigan which is in between Canada and Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. Those big Moose would walk the shore line eating weeds and plants and would come ashore and walk up to the house like they owned the place. They are usually gentle giants but they don't like loud noises or being startled... or shot in the butt with a Daisy BB gun either! And for God's sake don't blow your car horn at one! People fear them far more than bears up in that part of the world!

Just wanted to add a few things here, I hadn't really been recording things other than this thread. So I ran a few 3-4 shot groups at different settings and recorded FPS and made a quick spreadsheet for anyone interested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19QGtVkhOOjGtkcGdJP2HtBaoXxTdfaYR8R0jK-4eULo/edit?usp=sharing

And also wanted to say thanks to whoever gave the tip about using plumbers putty to keep the HST from moving, works wonderfully as I'm constantly dialing it down to where you see in the pic for indoor plinking. The (lo) column is after drilling out the low speed setting a bit to shoot lighter pellets.

4447ccf6edc4309ef0f493800e616f4a.jpg