GoPro Hero 9 or 10 on Eagle Vision

I just stumbled on a video from AirTac Hunting where it's clearly shown that he's using Hero 10 on eagle vision mount

I know that he designs and 3D prints his own stuff and shares some of it with others so he probably made some kind of an adapter to fit the camera to the eagle vision setup.
I have also made my own adapter for the Hero 9 to be attached to the eagle vision and it fits fine. It's ugly but it fits fine.

Unfortunately, lens is still a problem. Wide angle and not being able to narrow it down in 240FPS like I could on Hero 4 is still a big issue, footage is all the way down a long tube,
On his videos, footage is all over the screen so I'm wondering it he does a big crop in post processing (which surely would affect quality and it seems not to be the case) or is there a catch to it?

Has anyone managed to utilise Hero 9, 10 or even 11 as a scope cam?

Tactacam is 120FPS, Triggercam is 120FPS, ATN is 120FPS (Gen 5 with 240FPS to be released)

I have quite decent 240FPS footage with Hero 4 but it's in 720p and I would like to upgrade to 1080p and since I do have Hero 9, I would like to use it.

I built the sideshot mount for GoPro11 as DIY using 1.25" T connector PVC pip and some Teflon on my Lathe, it is very rigid mount
The capture vedio has blurey image is and no details at all, I am still work on that but with no luck till now.
GoPro 11 camera with Super View mode will use 12mm vocal point lens which is equivalent to Eagle Vision lens for Hero 7; however I didn't figure it out how to get sharp crisp image yet, any pro tips will be highly appreciated.

I built the sideshot mount for GoPro11 as DIY using 1.25" T connector PVC pip and some Teflon on my Lathe, it is very rigid mount
The capture vedio has blurey image is and no details at all, I am still work on that but with no luck till now.
GoPro 11 camera with Super View mode will use 12mm vocal point lens which is equivalent to Eagle Vision lens for Hero 7; however I didn't figure it out how to get sharp crisp image yet, any pro tips will be highly appreciated.
Try playing with shutter speed I guess, I think that's what helped me on my GP7

Is the shutter speed can be adjusted for my setting (Slo Motion Video with 100 FPS) ?
I think so(I have a bit older model of GP). Rule of thumb is that you want your shutter speed at value of 2x your FPS. So you would need 1/200 shutter I guess for 100FPS(I ain't no expert and only used mine to record bike rides/my half marathon attempts and a few running events by Run United, so just thinking out loud :D )

Last edited:
I've been working with Masood on the final tweaks... the new lens is set to go, and he's released the product.

The key difference/upgrade from the GP 7 black is the ability to film at 2.7k at 240f/ps vs the 1080p of previous GP versions.

Here's a quick look. Take note of the clarity as I zoom in during the replay of the shot. In 1080p you'd start to see some noise in the footage. 2.7k is a significant increase from 1080p.

Installation is pretty easy, but you will be permanently removing the OEM lens (ie... no going back)

Last edited:
I've been working with Masood on the final tweaks... the new lens is set to go, and he's released the product.

The key difference/upgrade from the GP 7 black is the ability to film at 2.7k at 240f/ps vs the 1080p of previous GP versions.

Here's a quick look. Take note of the clarity as I zoom in during the replay of the shot. In 1080p you'd start to see some noise in the footage. 2.7k is a significant increase from 1080p.

Installation is pretty easy, but you will be permanently removing the OEM lens (ie... no going back)

It seems that I have to buy Hero 11 and loose warranty on the first day :eek:

Mr. Masood helped me out today on what I need to migrate from terrible phone mount to GoPro mount so I bought the difference
Now just to shell out for the new GoPro

I am holding back my gopro purchase since last year season, there are lately a bigger number of gopro competition but I know the wide angle lens is a problem with each. Honestly I don't wanna buy an old gopro for recording my shooting only, I want a new tech action cam for my other outdoors hobbies and sports.
No reason to be holding back any more
But, buyers aware, lens needs to be replaced so it can be used as a scope cam
I have no idea on usability as an action cam after the change is made

It seems that I have to buy Hero 11 and loose warranty on the first day :eek:

Mr. Masood helped me out today on what I need to migrate from terrible phone mount to GoPro mount so I bought the difference
Now just to shell out for the new GoPro
There's no real benefit of the 11 for scope cam. Save the cash and find a 10 black

No benefit? What about better battery life, with the new enduro battery? increasing the total amount of potential time you can record. I'd say that's a notable benefit.
That battery is horsepoop IMO. Get a small external battery, mount that to your gun, and you're shooting all day. Once you get that cam dialed in, the last thing you'll want to do is take the camera out of the mount to replace a battery. My $.02

Milf dot is funny af btw 😆. Haven't been on here in a min, but couldn't resist the email alert that someone named milf dot replied to something

Edit: Michael, does sh!t auto change to poop on here? Horsepoop?? 🤣

That battery is horsepoop IMO. Get a small external battery, mount that to your gun, and you're shooting all day. Once you get that cam dialed in, the last thing you'll want to do is take the camera out of the mount to replace a battery. My $.02

Milf dot is funny af btw 😆. Haven't been on here in a min, but couldn't resist the email alert that someone named milf dot replied to something
!
Edit: Michael, does sh!t auto change to poop on here? Horsepoop?? 🤣
Why thank you kind sir!