• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

GoPro Hero 10/11 and Eaglevision setup help

Hi all,

So I've sold one of my less favorite air rifles (not that I had many, now I'm down to one and a half) 🤣 and bought GoPro Hero 11 and in addition case and lens from Eaglevision that suits Hero 11

Changing the lens is not for the weak when you are working on a 600€ worth of brand new action cam but I really won't be using it for anything else.
Operation was successful and everything works just fine regarding the camera and the Eaglevision lens

I have managed to focus the lens to the reticle without any problem as you can see here:
1686660660497.png

But, as you can also see, the target is quite out of focus and this is the sharpest I could get it
I have used my phone linked to the GoPro with preview function so I can see a bigger picture when setting up parallax but it's still very out of focus and it doesn't get any better
This target was at 40m (roughly 44 yards)

It doesn't matter if I put the scope on 8x magnification or on 32x, it's the same
I know that this is not a setup for more than 10-12x magnification, I just wanted to check

One thing to note that what is relatively clear on camera is not clear when I look down the scope, there is quite a big difference in parallax setting it to my eye when looking through the Eaglevision split lens system and when looking on the camera display (phone display actually)
I think that is because my eye is further away than the camera is if we count milimeters from the objective

And I did screw in the objective fast focus all the way in, I think that is the correct way to do it when using scope camera

Of course, I will play with this further more but I just wanted to ask if there is someone who can explain what am I missing or which step I did wrong?

Thanks,
Walt

Reactions: woogie_man
I had the same issue on a gopher shoot I was on. I was looking through the scope and had a clear image, and I checked through the phone app to make sure the image was clear..... only to find when I got home and pulled the SD card everything was a blurry mess!

Spent quite a while setting everything up to make it look good, but I can't figure out how some of the guys on the u-toobz are able to get such a clear image.

I did some adjustments in the workshop and found out that I actually got better sharpness of the reticle by adjusting the fast focus on the rear of the scope
Of course, I had to readjust the lens on the GoPro but I think that reticle is sharper now

I've just finished watching the video linked by cmatera on second post and it is also stated that doing that adjustment with fast focus can help but iguana hunter uses firefly action cam where lens can not be adjusted like on a GoPro Eaglevision combo

One more thing that I've noticed doing this is that the parallax difference when looking through the scope and on the phone app is now much smaller
As tested on a workbench with a target 9 meters away

I'll test it out tommorow morning again and see if it's any better on targets at 40+ meters

I'm sure that there is much to which scope is used, I have 2 Hawke Sidewinders 8-32, Gen 1 and Gen 2 so there is no point of testing both
I have Delta Javelin 4,5-30 but unfortunately I can't get Eaglevision scope adapter onto that scope, eye piece is too thick

It appears that your video is mirror image and can be flipped with the appropriate video editing software. Can you give more information about what's involved in changing the lens on the gopro?
It's a very sketchy process, when I was Removing the stock gopro 11 lens, I inadvertently destroyed the hell out of the poor thing and thinking that I was damaging a $350 brand new gopro, but with some sheer determination I eventually was able to remove the stock lens, I was using a pair of needle nose pliers and a pry tool to do the job.