Goodbye Hatsan 135

For sure many will not be disappointed to hear the Hatsan 135 has been discontinued. I really like the 135. Have one in .22 & .25 caliber. The gun is a beast. Beautiful Turkish Walnut and German steel. Made in Turkey. The .22 sends a 14.3 grain CPHP over 1000 fps / .25 a JSB 25.39 grain, 800 fps. Very accurate. Vortex adjustable ram. Filled mine to 150 bar. Doesn’t eat scopes because it has a built in shock absorber system. Quattro four lever trigger. “Quiet Energy” moderator. Fiber optic sights. Sling swivels. Fully adjustable butt pad and cheek comb. About as loaded with goodies as ever offered. Been through both completely. Triggers are under 2 lbs. Total weight with the dot is less than a scoped HW97. Can still be found on EBay and Amazon. Krale has the .30 caliber “spring version”. They were and still are a bargain for $300. IMHO.

E971B104-4BFB-4B48-8DE6-E88C789E1F5C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Robin A
Bear-of-Grayling I have the 130 which looks like the same power plant. I like the wood stock much better. I was afraid t put a scope on it, till now. Thought it would eat scopes. This things a tank my only .30. It gives my HW90 a run for it’s money to jack. Rarely use, definitely a young man’s gun. Gonna put a scope on it now.

Are tune kits advisable for these guns? 

37E0C529-A1D3-420B-B4ED-15D880CF9FDE.1651501027.jpeg

Like I said the wood looks way better. Crow 

I've never owned anything bigger than Hatsan's Model 95's so you can be my teacher...lol. Is your 130 a spring or gas ram? I know the 135's started as spring piston guns since they were a copy of the UK built Webley Patriots. The gas piston versions came along later. If your 130 is Vortex gas rammed..... 

Been awhile since I've bought any guns, including Hatsans, but rumor has it they were discontinuing the pressure relief screws on the better Vortex gas pistons. Easy way to find out if yours has one is to take the stock off and look at the left rear of the receiver. You'll see a stamped hole back there which is the access to that screw, looks like this:

Hatsan ram pressure relief screw.1651503873.jpg

Someone by all means correct me if I'm wrong, but I think from the factory, they're charged to 135 bar so very obviously use caution if you're wanting to release a little pressure from the gas piston. There's another stamped hole on the right side for inserting a Hatsan fill probe. Let a little too much out, insert the fill probe, watch the gauge, pump until you feel the pressure and look at your gauge again. Only takes a pump or 2 to add a little back. Also how to add air if you want more a little more power out of it.

Spring versions I don't think anyone makes a kit for them other than Hatsan, if they even have any, selling you a replacement spring or if it is a gas piston, selling you one. 

Lol..thank you teacher :) Stupid me shoulda remembered if it's got a Vortex gas piston, it will say so on the receiver. No need to look for that screw my red arrow points to since it won't be there. Never bought one myself because I already have guns in 4 calibers, not rearranging my pellet shelves to fit a 5th caliber and if I want more power, I got a couple .25 caliber PCP's.

Bear-of-Grayling I have the 130 which looks like the same power plant. I like the wood stock much better. I was afraid t put a scope on it, till now. Thought it would eat scopes. This things a tank my only .30. It gives my HW90 a run for it’s money to jack. Rarely use, definitely a young man’s gun. Gonna put a scope on it now.

Are tune kits advisable for these guns? 

37E0C529-A1D3-420B-B4ED-15D880CF9FDE.1651501027.jpeg

Like I said the wood looks way better. Crow

I do tune my Hatsan 95 springers. There is no tune available that I know of. Would cost to much for a cheap gun anyway. I tune them with blister pack plastic. Line the piston with the plastic that just holds the spring from falling out. Thickness is key. Takes a bit of trial and error. I collect different thicknesses of blister pack for this reason. I’ve also wrapped the spring guide with aluminum from a pop can. When done the gun cocks smooth and has no twang. Keeps the spring straight and adds life to it.

I've never owned anything bigger than Hatsan's Model 95's so you can be my teacher...lol. Is your 130 a spring or gas ram? I know the 135's started as spring piston guns since they were a copy of the UK built Webley Patriots. The gas piston versions came along later. If your 130 is Vortex gas rammed..... 

Been awhile since I've bought any guns, including Hatsans, but rumor has it they were discontinuing the pressure relief screws on the better Vortex gas pistons. Easy way to find out if yours has one is to take the stock off and look at the left rear of the receiver. You'll see a stamped hole back there which is the access to that screw, looks like this:

Hatsan ram pressure relief screw.1651503873.jpg

Someone by all means correct me if I'm wrong, but I think from the factory, they're charged to 135 bar so very obviously use caution if you're wanting to release a little pressure from the gas piston. There's another stamped hole on the right side for inserting a Hatsan fill probe. Let a little too much out, insert the fill probe, watch the gauge, pump until you feel the pressure and look at your gauge again. Only takes a pump or 2 to add a little back. Also how to add air if you want more a little more power out of it.

Spring versions I don't think anyone makes a kit for them other than Hatsan, if they even have any, selling you a replacement spring or if it is a gas piston, selling you one. 

I think they are supposed to be filled to 150 bar on the 135. About 125 bar on the 95. My 135’s were about 135-140 if memory serves. The let off screw is easy to unscrew and no worries about pressure. A slight break in the seal and the air comes out slowly. Built like this for safety reasons. I tried filling my 95 to 150 bar and it was a rocket launcher. The stock however was its victim. Started eating it up. Needs the heftier stock and weight of the 135. Had an issue with one of the Vortex rams and Hatsan sent me a new one. $40 because it was out of warranty. They were good and fast. The replacement ( if memory serves) did not have the let off screw. I have the original and will rebuild it if and when the replacement gives up the ship. 

They are currently on sale on the Hatsan website for $229.99. They were in stock in 177, 22 and 25 cal.

I'd get one myself if I hadn't just purchased 3 different airguns in the last month. Hope someone finds this useful.

ETA: Didn't realize this thread was started in May, Hopefully someone still finds it useful.

I had the .30 135 and is wasn't bad. I sold it and had been thinking to purchase the same rifle in .25
.30 was Way to pricey to shoot. Pellet cost vs shooting practically. Cool concept,but the actual experience was a bit of a letdown. Plus there's the whole Hatsan farm tractor build quality thing.
I thought the rifle might be ok in .25, but with quality control and service issues ...it seems to be keeping my money in my pocket.
Mike

Bear of Grayling has a really nice 135QE Vortex .25 for sale in the Member Classifieds. Made before the current offerings, nicer stock and better QC on the guns. He’s a knowledgeable air gunner and takes excellent care of his equipment, I’ve bought from him before. He had a .22 also. But, it’s headed to my house tomorrow LOL. Yes, I know we’ve bought 3 airguns in the last month also. Believe it or not, my wife told me we should buy this one after I showed her the post. My wife is pretty all right :D