• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Good source for used field target rifle?

In my experience, a local club is your best bet to try it and ask for advice on entry level equipment. Other FT shooters tend to be very eager to promote the sport and will often let you give it a try. In my area, the club option seems to be pretty limited as my local shooting club has just one dedicated air rifle / FT shooter. Dedicated FT matches are a 4+ hour drive away from me, so finding a group may be easier said than done depending on your location.

FT doesnt have to be, but tends to be quite expensive on the equipment side. Keep an eye on various classified boards to learn the asking price levels of various rigs so you will be ready to jump when a good deal comes along. If you're thinking PCP, dont forget the cost of a pump, tank, or compressor to keep your rifle running.

Local air gun shops would be another option as they may take things in on trade. A low probability source would always be local classifieds like Craigslist etc.

Happy Shooting