Good slug shooters that AREN'T FX?

So I’m looking for a dedicated slug shooter. Something that’s tunable to high velocities and shoot slugs very accurately. I’ll be using it for long range pesting from a tripod. My only issue is, I have ZERO experience with anything other than FX. While I love my wildcat mk2 in .25, I had an impact and hated it. I spent more time tuning than I did shooting, and to me, that defeats the purpose. I want to set the gun up, take it to my permission, pull it out and start shooting. No worries of poi from barrel movement, or reg issues, or the plethora of other factors that plague the (glass built) fx offerings. I’m not light with my guns, so ruggedness is a must, but if it doesn’t shoot slugs at the higher velocities I’m looking for, it’s not for me. It also needs a bottle so I can have a decent shot count. 
this is not a “bash FX” thread, in fact the whole reason for this thread is to find something that shoots slugs as good as an fx does. My wildcat is pretty worked, but still won’t reach the velocities I’m looking for heavy long range slugs. 

now that being said, if someone here believes my wildcat could accurately shoot slugs and velocities in the 950+ aren’t needed, then by all means, let me know. I’d much rather setup the wildcat for this purpose and save money. I have a superior standard liner in it now, if the heavy liner will shoot slugs accurately at its power level, then I’ll be just as happy!

How long of a barrel do u have on your wildcat longer will give you more speed and are you looking to shoot 22 cal heavy slugs then

My wildcat is a 600mm built up by Augie (bigragu). It’s lights out with everything from hades @ 1020fps to king heavies @ 960fps. It’s accurate with everything I put through it, and reliable enough to pull it out and shoot. I just don’t know if it’s got enough in it for slugs, and I’m NOT messing with the tune that Augie put into it. It’s crazy consistent, and still getting 4 full mags. 

is it really that true that the fx liner system is the only one that can shoot a plethora of slugs accurately? Than blows my mind when slugs seem to be getting more and more popular every day!

I’ve had good luck using my r5 and a R5m, RTI prophet performance.

I have a prophet performance in .30. Was wondering about it’s slug abilities. I feel it’s underpowered in .30 though. It’s shooting 44.75 jsbs at 860fps with 150bar reg and hammer turned WAY in. Was also worried about barrels being able to shoot slugs well. Wonder if I could fit an fx barrel on my prophet. That would be significant. I would change out to .22 or .25, and shoot just slugs. Hmmmm. 

Others like the raw hm1000x would have the power but would need a barrel swap I believe to non choked barrel and correct twist rate you want to shoot it is possible to use other guns but the fx has the easiest way to swap barrels for slugs no need for machining to get it to fit it doesn't need to be a fx barrel either just would need a barrel blank and correct twist rate then machining to fit 

madeintheuk, do you have a hammer weight in your Prophet? Perhaps a stiffer spring. I’m not sure what the max reg setting is for the RTI’s.

I do have a hammer weight. Not sure on the spring weight. Max reg setting according to rti is 200bar!
but that doesn’t seem very efficient to me. I’m really surprised that for the amount of plenum space, and the size of the transfer port, that it needs so much reg pressure for the speed, but that’s why I’m looking for something else possibly, or going down to a .22 or .25 barrel to bring up speeds a little. If I could make an fx barrel work, I think it would be an ideal slug shooter. Minimal orings, big bottle, and a slug liner! 

Kral Super Jumbo or Pro500. Can easily be modified for the high power needed for slugs and very accurate in my testing. I think this was 40 yards with 25.4gr JSB knockouts. 

20210823_151955.1635702373.jpg
20210823_151444.1635702376.jpg

Grab a new .22 long range barrel conversion kit for that prophet as it is designed to shoot slugs. Cheaper than a new gun for sure.

Thanks for the heads up. So it shoots slugs well? I heard mixed reviews on it. Is there real world experience with it? For sure cheaper than a whole new gun!! 
would love to know what it would take to put an fx barrel in it!!