Good Scope That Won't Break The Bank?

I'm no expert, but I have 2 Hawke Vantages, a 2-7 and a 3-9. The 3-9 was purchased from an Amazon third-party seller. It was doing fine on my .22 HW97K until after a few months the A/O function started getting weird. After taking out the gun from the case, the focus would be off, and when I would adjust it, I could feel the lens "snap" back into place as if a tension spring was hung up somewhere within. This would only happen after the gun sat for a while, and after the initial "reset" it would not do it again, but the focus would go out after a shot or two. It did hold zero though. My 2-7 is perfectly fine, but it sits on a 300S. I REALLY liked the Hawke's features and value, and will likely buy another, but advise folks to buy from a reputable seller so there's accountability if you get a dud.

I bought a vortex crosfire II last night. I blew it up in 10 shots. When you twist the turret, you see the reticle move through the scope like it should. But then if you sit there and look through the scope, the reticle slowly returns to where it was, and you can hear a faint clicking noise. I wanted to try a cheaper scope that could zoom to 16x, but I will be returning this one and going back to hawke airmax. Good scope and really good thin reticle IMHO. 

I have Vortex optics mounted on every air rifle that I have. Their Crossfire II line is inexpensive, has a very useful reticle, really good glass at price point, handles springer recoil with no issue, and has a no BS lifetime warranty. They can be bought on Amazon and nearly any where else.

1.1646099669.jpg

I second the Vortex recommendation. Great scopes. Great warranty and wonderful customer service if you do have a problem.

Kit

An awesome scope for the money is the Bushnell 3200 Elite Tactical which can be found used still. These things are big and built like a tank but they are very good quality. Made in Japan. Great glass, maybe even excellent; AO down to 10 yards; mil dot reticle; quality tactical style dials which are zero resettable. The one that I have is a 5-15x40

An awesome scope for the money is the Bushnell 3200 Elite Tactical which can be found used still. These things are big and built like a tank but they are very good quality. Made in Japan. Great glass, maybe even excellent; AO down to 10 yards; mil dot reticle; quality tactical style dials which are zero resettable. The one that I have is a 5-15x40

They usually sell from 200-300$

If it were me, I would look for a used Leupold with adjustable objective, preferably a target model because they have great warranties, using them for years!

This. Especially, the Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 4-12x40...especially if you can find one with a mil dot reticle. They have an AO down to about 15-20 yards and tactical turrets.