• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Good results with lube...

My .177 TX200 shoots pretty good with JSB 10.34's (labeled as 4.52), and H&N FTT 8.64's (also labeled as 4.52).

(Strangely, it's not so good with a lot of other pellet weights and diameters, for some reason). 

Unfortunately, the H&N's which are labeled as 4.52 mm, and actually measure between 4.53 (no go) and 4.54 (go) are a PITA to seat. I know they are not pure lead, and are harder than the JSB's, but my thumb can only take so much. Trying to push them into the barrel was beginning to be a deal breaker with them.

So... I viewed Tom Holland's video on lubeing pellets. I washed them (although did not use as much soap) and used some Finish Line dry lubricant, which I had on hand. The next day I tried them. Believe it or not, they pushed into the barrel just like the pure lead JSB's. Accuracy was just as good, which is about +/- 3/8th's inch at 20 yards from bucket and sticks. (The group size is my fault as I can see the movement, and some holding faults as the gun sometimes moves a bit at the shot).

It's like night and day trying to seat them. It's almost like the Finish Line shrunk them a thousands or two, but kept the accuracy. (Undersize pellets do not shoot good).

I'm still evaluating the accuracy aspect, which may be a plus, but the ability to use the 4 tins of H&N's I have, which were hard to seat, is something I wanted to pass along.