• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Good place to buy HP aluminum or steel bottle?

Howdy from this newbie from NC.
I will be buying a Bullseye air pistol (Pardini), have a compressor on order, and would like to find either a DOT Aluminum or Steel air bottle and a top-quality valve and fill system, but am lost in the wilderness trying to find appropriate gear that will be safe and of good quality. Prefer not to buy Chinese if possible.
This forum is chocker block full of great info, but I have little knowledge regarding AP.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks!
HajjitheDoberman🤓

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
Scuba, seems to be no shortage of dive shops in your area. Local craigslist looked good also, but,
On a pistol with a 230bar fill rating you will never be able to completely fill it with a 200bar tank. Depending on your shooting desires maybe this is not a problem?
You may want a SCBA bottle, 4,500psi, lighter .... . You can find used scba tanks still under the expiration date at a good price if you shop around though most bottom dollar tanks will be expired so you will not be able to get it filled at a shop. Any chance you know your local fire dept?
There are also the much lower cost new NOT DOT rated tanks online, again can not be filled at a shop.
If not shooting a Lot a $50 hand pump would do it but a pretty nice rig to put non-filtered air into.

Try a search here for SCBA .

John

Spysir,
Thanks for the info.
I called 16 dive shops today. Many were closed or had phone disconnected. Must be a tough business. I found one guy who would sell me a new scba bottle with DIN fitting. I’ll see him tomorrow. Three other places run barbershop schedules, and open on Tuesday morning. I’ll compare bottles and pricing tomorrow.
My compressor arrives this week, so I’ll be ok until I buy a bottle.
The gent I talked to this morning said he has some bottle to air gun fittings, so I should be close to ready for Bullseye training.