• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Good ol' USPS...I can't help but laugh...

Ok YOU WIN!! BTW I'm in SJ area
I know why that happens. They’ve noticed we airgunners check the status of our packages a dozen times a day and drool over our phones till they arrive. So they’ve started doing that just to watch us loose our minds.

obviously I’m kidding. Bild beck batter!
Uhhhhhh, I'm pretty sure that air gunners have lost their minds without this. Just a general observation, most appear to be horribly OCD.

That...is MIND BOGGLING.....and you seem very patient! I do hope you get the paddle and SOON.
Sorry for late reply guys - was moving daughter out of her dorm this weekend and just got home. I'm not trippin' about this because: 1) it's a low price item, 2) the seller is very responsive and is trying his hardest to work it out with the USPS (this certainly is no fault of his) and 3) I've bought and sold enough stuff over the years to know that sooner or later, something like this will happen - in fact, I'm surprised that it doesn't happen more frequently given how much stuff I buy/sell online for my various hobbies. So at the end of the day, this is not a big deal.
So far I’ve had good luck with both usps and ups, of course that could change. Charles
Yes, I've had pretty good luck with all three of the major shippers and understand that the more you ship, eventually something will go wrong. Luckily, whenever this has happened in the past, either the seller or paypal or my credit card company have made me whole so I've not had to deal with many significant losses yet.
Ok YOU WIN!! BTW I'm in SJ area
Yes, I know . . . we met at Bass Pro for the FX magazine - clearly I left a very lasting impression on you! ;)

And for those who are curious as to where the package is as of today:
1687068251781.png

"Your package will arrive later than expected..." - thank you, Captain Obvious!

Last edited:
oh it has happened to me also but for the most part they have done a fine job
i would think there has been some sort of damage done on the label and the scanners are misreading it
i have had packages say they were sent back to sender for no reason and they started in China and then show up 4 days later
had a package off Ebay that never arrived got my refund and 6 months later it showed up and repaid for it
$hit happens

Reactions: yenniedn
USPS sure do not shine.
But Danish postal was so incompetent it couldn't even run itself, and so was sold off / privatized, though for a long time after the sale tax payers still had to throw money at this mess of a entity, A LOT of money.

Post DK / Danish postal are now called Postnord, and that is actually a Swedish company.

At least USPS exist / haven't turned into Canadian post, or Mexican Post.

My house is served by a postal substation and the delivery folks, quite frankly could care less. We constantly get other people's mail and they ours. Been to the postmaster and the fact that deliveries were wrong so often didn't bother her at all.
We had that problem when we first moved to the HIGH desert. Seems the guy that was putting mail in our Po box was doing drugs and was high at work. Post master finally had had enough and canned him. I've got to say the last Post master really did care about doing a good job. From what I hear she's not there anymore but I wouldn't know as I moved to AZ over 3 years ago. At least there they would deliver the mail to a central area where everyone had mail boxes. Here, it's Po boxes or you don't get any mail.

My house is served by a postal substation and the delivery folks, quite frankly could care less. We constantly get other people's mail and they ours. Been to the postmaster and the fact that deliveries were wrong so often didn't concern her at
Nice to know your delivery people could care less, meaning they take some care.
A lot of them in the UK could not care less.

Holy moly - so here's the update: on it's THIRD trip out here to CA from PA, the package made it all the way to my local post office and was OUT FOR DELIVERY as of 6:10am today. The mailman delivered another package for me (a guppy tank) but no sign of the paddle so I check the tracking again and see this:
1687312028807.png

They actually had the package out for delivery yet somehow decided to send it back to the main distribution center at 5:26pm and a minute later, it then left the distribution center again . . . which means that it's being sent back to PA yet again. This would be the THIRD time it'd be going back to PA and we're on day 16 on what was supposed to be a 2-3 Priority Mail delivery! Great job, USPS!

Last edited: