Good Morning. How'd you do?

Good morning!!!

Not a squirrel in sight this morning. I do like to use the time, while scanning, to kind of 'think' and find some inner peace before my day actually begins.

How'd y'all do?

Best of luck 

Kim

20220201_085442.1643730965.jpg

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Well evening officially start here soon, but good what ever. :)

When i was in the work force, time was precious in the morning, not in the sense that i did my coffee and what ever in the car on the way to work, but rather i had to get up extra early to get a nice and easy start on the day.

So getting up at 5 Am even if i did not have to punch in before 7, and only having 30 minutes of transport time, that have been the norm most of the time. And rest assure those 1.5 hours was not spend in front of the mirror.

The time i worked 2 full time jobs,,,,, OMG that was no fun, not least factoring in that in Denmark you can make a living in one job just fine, just i have a hard time using the word "NO" when it is not conflicting with what i feel is right.

And it was not easy for my old work place to find a replacement for me,,,,,, which i fully understand as that job i was highly overqualified, and add to that my nice person, well and you have problems here in Denmark as most are just there for the paycheck, and i have never been long in jobs like that.

If i missed the alarm, which have rarely happened in the +30 years i was in the work force, well that day was shot to hell for sure.

Good input there @plingpling Cool how just being open and sharing can change a person's life for the better.

I've been on a rough cyce for a while. Keep waking up late. (I do contract work, so as long as it gets done, it's gravy)

I sleep well, that isn't the issue. Just too many things on my plate, it seems.

Balance is always key, and taking time to reflect and reset is needed.

I rarely find time to shoot, being so busy, but maybe I should start getting up early to do this. :)

Happy shooting y'all

-Dallas

Hey folks...I don't miss work at all. I got up this morning and was in the yard sitting in one of my shooting station swivel chairs. It broke daylight with only a negligible wind and about 35 F. As I sat waiting for & expecting a squirrel to reveal itself a pair of Canada geese flew over at the crack of day from a beaver pond just below my house. The pond actually is a series of many beaver dams that have backed up the water for several miles. The pond is about a 1/4 mile wide.The local people know this as buzzard roost. Not long after daylight the said buzzards began to leave the roost & drift over by the dozens.and dozens at a low altitude of only about 200 ft. Shortly after the buzzards started coming over they were followed by groups of dozens of cattle egrets flying in classic "V" formations. They also roost at the pond. As I sat & watched all this glory I reminisced of all the countless nights I have spent with my dad, brother, & good friends chasing in behind coon dogs in this swamp. The swamp pond is in a flood plain of a nearby river that floods every few years. Thus the pond is stocked with fish. Lordy at the fish I have caught from that swamp pond. I could write a book on my childhood adventures in, on, & around this swamp pond. I didn't see not the first sign of a squirrel this morning but what a glorious morning.

Thank you guys for sharing your stories.

Tomorrow's another day. I did get some more time this afternoon, and was able "poof" two birds. I buried them under two of my dormant hydrangeas.

Kim

PS I find that a clean kill shot gives me the same feeling as if was tee'ing off and knocking one 250-275 yds down the fairway.

I haven't played a round of golf since my bachelor party, Sept 2012. LOL