Other good cyote gun

A used Huben seems like a reasonable option.

I disagree that you need to spend $2000 to get a quality gun. If you decide a reasonably powered 25 airgun is "enough" then there are many new options too. I would want at least 50 fpe, especially if you want to be able to take body shots without them running a long ways after impact. If I needed to kill one today I would grab my P35-25 which is tuned to about 50 ft lbs. I'd prefer to use it for a brain shot but I think it would kill a coyote with a body shot but not without it running. A stoeger bullshark is about the same as my P35-25. The newer P35X also looks very interesting.

If you want a 30 caliber, and I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for body shots, a Gauntlet or a SPA M60B are a couple options. If you really want to smack them a Benjamin bulldog in any of the calibers they offer it in would work. There is a 25 now that would be well over 100 ft lbs, a 357 that should be over 200 and a 45 caliber that should be around 400 ft lbs.

I have one gun that cost 3X what my P35s cost and I see differences but those differences are not enough to make me want to sell off my "cheap guns" and buy all much more expensive guns. My "expensive gun" didn't cost $2000. All the guns I discussed above are under $1,000.

A used Huben seems like a reasonable option.

I disagree that you need to spend $2000 to get a quality gun. If you decide a reasonably powered 25 airgun is "enough" then there are many new options too. I would want at least 50 fpe, especially if you want to be able to take body shots without them running a long ways after impact....

If you want a 30 caliber, and I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for body shots, a Gauntlet or a SPA M60B are a couple options....

I'm leaning on the SPA SNOWPEAK M60B for .25 smackdown!

Reactions: Chief55
This budget setup would get the job done.

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

i wouldnt want a .25 for larger critters after hitting many different things at my chicken coop .. do i have a 60fpe .25? yes, and no its not really enough for anything but a square headshot , and really, a 30fpe .22 will do the same thing.. you wont need semiauto .. nothing is gonna hang around for follow up shots unless theyre already disabled on the spot ...i would say .45 bulldog, but you can still get more affordable 'pellets' in.35 and its quite good on air considering power ..one fill and one 5 round mag gets me through the night with 3-4 kills occassionally ..'and' it works just fine on something small like a rat to trust me lol .. very accurate for a midrange gun ...an airforce would be another option likely in the pricerange, but, where are you shooting? some of their models are like 5 foot long lol .. thats a lot a gun to maneuver around .. i would like an impact in .35, nice gun, but again pricey .. someday .. dont forget your gonna need nightvision to .. a pard nv007v in 940nm ive seen for around 300 ..capable ..i suggest about a 3-9x scope for that, side focus preferably but ao will work ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
If you are looking for a gun for coyotes specifically, I wouldn't be messing around with .25. I would be looking at .30 and .357 exclusively. Will a .25 kill a coyote? Sure, but why would you want to buy a rifle for a specific task that would be so limited on range, and perfect shot placement... Coyotes are constantly moving. They rarely ever sit still and present ideal shots. 50 fpe is nowhere near enough power to take ethical body shots on larger game animals.