• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Good couple of days

Well I've had a good couple of days at a farmyard yesterday where they make cattle feed shot 2 magpie 11 starlings and 3 pigeons then a rat when we were nearly back to the jeep. This morning the boy had football training then on our way home asked if we can go to the big rabbit permission. Obviously we had some dinner then set off he took his 8month old running dog pup I took the priest we've just got back home with 13 rabbits shot 15 but couldn't find 2 they kicked themselves into the burrows. And coming back of the permission dropped a nice red fox that had been taking lambs. Told the farmer he was over the moon happy he asked me to call next door and ask his brother about shooting. So me and the boy got in the jeep set off to his brother's and got a letter of permission so now have a full valley of near on 2600 acres of prime rabbit shooting can't wait for next weekend now I've go used to the priest shots between 35 yard out to 107 yard the boy was happier about his pup catching 2 bolting from cover whilst we were walking. He also had a couple of shots and banged his second ever rabbit good day had by us both proud dad moment and proud son 😎

Were back up there next week it's just over 2 hour drive from our house but will be using the lamp with red filter lens hoping to get the boy a pp700 or 750'he's only 7 but think he's got the shooting but big time plus another excuse to buy another small carbine if the wife doesn't like the idea it's not for me 😂. He enjoys being out I've always been shooting since being a kid but my passion is my running dogs and think that's passed into my boy too as soon as he comes from school he's feeding and exercising his pup. When we've ran the dogs up there we've got the 100 a night just with the 1 dog and lamp. Just a steady nice walk often sees 20+ with the rifle. If it eats grass or costs the farmer money it needs to go 😂

Sounds like you had an awesome couple of days with your son... You're a lucky dad.

I couldn't be more proud. He's wanting to come out and learn off his own back I've not pushed him into it just in case he didn't like it. Were going to have a good spring/summer shooting that's for sure he understood that we are there to do a job and if we don't do as the land owners want and drastically drop the numbers down we could lose the land to shoot on. When the weather warms up a bit it will be sleeping bags cooking pot and fishing rod for a couple of trout out of the river at the bottom of the valley for tea and have 2 or 3 days up there I think he'll enjoy it. Get the 12v freezer in the vehicle for rabbits to take home. 

We've had another few hours today we got 19 starlings and a couple pigeon tried the hybrid slugs .22 through the priest set up to shoot 24.39 redesigned at 950 and it was "popping" the starlings at 60/70 yard every shot not as far as we normally shoot but we had an other fruitful afternoon then got absolutely soaked the hybrids are doing 900-910 fps about 40ish ftlb my chrono was reading