Good but Small Shop Comp. 4 Booster?

Thanks for replies guys. I have the whole setup already with filters and all. I even have a pancake compressor as well as a 15gal Dewalt. However, I’m just curious to see if there’s anything out there smaller than a typical pancake that will still work. I’m thinking as a “on the road rig” my Tacoma has ready power via inverter in the bed. 

Well lets see a picture of your setup ( I'm heading that direction also ) Thanks

Not sure who you're talking to, but here's mine. The pipe on the shelf is a home made desiccant filter filled with silica beads. Yu can see how small the CAT compressor is comparing it to the sb.

1581526031_19252813335e442c0faacb16.91145533_20200212_114209.jpg

This is the basic setup I have. EXCEPT: The booster in the picture is that of the AV booster. Horrible experience, was returned for full refund. In it’s place now is an Altaros. The Husky also died really fast. I returned it and replaced it with the Dewalt. The bucket gets filled with ice to be able to extract more humidity out of the air prior to hitting the booster. Since then I have installed a filter before the Omega tank. 
1581529020_4614224545e4437bcb82dd8.99678993_F06B2DE3-42FC-488C-8A48-249F67E6BE04.jpeg

I bought a Harbor Freight small compressor (Fortress I think they are called) last year for use on small equipment tires. Seems to be relatively well made, light and easy to carry. Should work OK but the volume might cause it to run more often. Just over $100 if I recall correctly.

Have you had any problems with the Fortress? I was looking at them too, but the 90 day warranty made me look elsewhere

Still working fine and quite handy but I only use it for carrying out to equipment tires. Not sure how any of these small "oilless" compressors will work long term.

Here is what CAT says about their compressors vs "regular" oil-less compressors

" The 1P1060SP Air Compressor has a Oil-Free Single Piston pump designed to have a life cycle before wear of 3000 Plus hours compared to other comparable air compressors with life cycles of 250 hours or less. "

Still working fine and quite handy but I only use it for carrying out to equipment tires. Not sure how any of these small "oilless" compressors will work long term.

Here is what CAT says about their compressors vs "regular" oil-less compressors

" The 1P1060SP Air Compressor has a Oil-Free Single Piston pump designed to have a life cycle before wear of 3000 Plus hours compared to other comparable air compressors with life cycles of 250 hours or less. "

And I say I'm good looking. Go figure. Hopefully they will have long usable life spans. Don't know for sure but I'm trying the HF version. CAT didn't impress me with build quality compared to the HF when I looked at both.

And I say I'm good looking. Go figure. Hopefully they will have long usable life spans. Don't know for sure but I'm trying the HF version. CAT didn't impress me with build quality compared to the HF when I looked at both.

Generally I look at HF tools as a "1 job" tool. If I get more out of it that's great, if not I know I'm buying cheap. Never had ne of their compressors but pretty sure the Fortress is a "knock off" of the CAT. Based on the 90 day HF warranty vs the 1 YR Cat warranty I went with the CAT. To each his own.