Good budget compressor?

Any specific ones out there that are pretty reliable? I got a cousin looking for one whose just getting into PCPs. I haven't done any research on this in years as I've had a Omega Turbo charger compressor for 4-5 years now. He's going to direct fill the gun and would likely like it to be portable like using on car battery. Any good ideas? Tons of different ones on a Google search and have no idea what's what.

Funny, I have had my GX CS3 for more than a year and have only had minor problems. The warranty is a base of 1 year.

I bet good money that there is more to the story than what @archdesigner03 had told us.

Feel free to private message me if you want info specific to your question. Others will soon be along to denigrate these portable compressors as less than disposable. I have about 4 years experience with mine and will be happy to consult without getting into a pissing match.

Any specific ones out there that are pretty reliable? I got a cousin looking for one whose just getting into PCPs. I haven't done any research on this in years as I've had a Omega Turbo charger compressor for 4-5 years now. He's going to direct fill the gun and would likely like it to be portable like using on car battery. Any good ideas? Tons of different ones on a Google search and have no idea what's what.

If he isn’t bent on it being a portable unit, here’s a compressor (for direct fills) with a good reputation and proven track record within the stated budget. The Hill EC-3000 for $1200 https://www.pyramydair.com/product/air-venturi-ec-3000-compressor-by-hill?a=9412

I really don’t much about the various potable compressors. I have an old Benjamin Traveler Gen. 1 that I rarely use. Has he also considered a SCBA tank? It’s another worthwhile alternative.

Funny, I have had my GX CS3 for more than a year and have only had minor problems. The warranty is a base of 1 year.

I bet good money that there is more to the story than what @archdesigner03 had told us.

Feel free to private message me if you want info specific to your question. Others will soon be along to denigrate these portable compressors as less than disposable. I have about 4 years experience with mine and will be happy to consult without getting into a pissing match.

No story to tell, just used it to fill directly to a 350cc gun. Perhaps you won the compressor lottery or knows how to fix things. After my GX CS2 failed, I decided to give that company another chance. Bought the higher end model CS3, and babied that compressor and followed the instruction manual to a T, but still failed. Now I am looking for another path, perhaps using tanks and pricier compressors. No point of consulting as I have already packed and will be shipping it back tomorrow. 

Before buying a Yong Heng to fill my SCBA. My first compressor was a TUXING Pcp Air Compressor that I bought from Amazon for $250. It was operated by DC off a car battery or AC plugged into an electrical outlet. Quick and easy filling up my rifles. About 1 1/2 minutes to fill from 2000 - 3000 psi. Worked great until I tried to use it to fill my 30 minute SCBA and it blew out something. After getting my Yong Heng I just keep my bottle filled and take it with me when I go to the range or go out hunting. From a tank I can fill my rifle in seconds and it makes zero noise when I'm hunting. A 30 minute tank is easy to pack out to a blind.

Buy one Yong Heng. Leave $350 in bank. Run Yong Heng till it breaks. Buy second compressor and use while you wait for parts from China to repair the first YH. Run second till it breaks, when it breaks, use first while you wait for parts from China to fix second and so on.

In reality, i'm still using my first Yong Heng about 4 years later. They do last if you take care of them. Just run for no more than 15 or 20 minutes, don't let the temp get much over 65C and they tend to last. Bery simple devices.

and remember you can buy something like 4 YH's for one of the more advanced compressors. Makes keeping a spare much more justifiable.