• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Good all around under $800

How does the Kral Puncher Breaker Silent compare in power and performance?

The Kral Puncher Breaker Silent gets mixed reviews. Barrels can range from good to bad...with more bad than typical brands. The side lever breaks and if I recall, someone was making a machined replacement. There is a really rough review of one on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkJTD2hWsL4

Good to know... I'll avoid those

That was an earlier version of the gun. All of those issues have been fixed by the factory. It's a super nice gun. factory also just upgraded to a true 2 stage drop sear design trigger. 

Still wouldn't mind hearing from anyone who has long term experience with the hatsan Air Max.....as much as I like the FX Wildcat, the price point of the hatsan is hard to beat, IF the listed specs are accurate. I am planning on using the stimulus check for this, needing to keep some aside for a scope (probably start out cheapish and upgrade down the road) and a fill method. So that shows I dont have a lot of wiggle room 

Here is something you should consider. Most of us grew up shooting rifles. None of us grew up shooting bullpups. They are an acquired taste. If they were truly all that, we would see them winning 1,000yrd competitions. Like I have said before, nothing good comes from having a scope mounted a couple inches above your bore axis. Bubble levels become very important. Every one of us that loves bullpups has to work harder to be good with it. If your budget allows for more than one gun, its no biggie. Have a rifle and a pup. If you can only buy one it might be wise to get a rifle first. Some pups are pretty comfortable some not. Depends on how you are built.There is a better chance of a pup not jiving with your stature than a rifle. Ironically, my two cheapest pups are the most comfortable. My two best pups I will only shoot from a bipod or bags. They are horrible offhand weapons.

I love how short bullpups make an airgun. Much better for walking through the woods. I don't find any ergo issues related to the basic design other when the cocking lever is not moved. The noise of the hammer in the ear is one thing I don't like...especially with some airguns that ring. They generally require a bit higher scope mount which will make gun level errors worse. I find they benefit from a dropped butt pad too which not all have.

One thing that might not have been mentioned is BP's that have the cocking lever at the rear of the gun. I tried to get used to the rifle that had this feature but disliked it greatly so that was a major reason why I sold the rifle. I got in a buy of some of first ones that were sold, wanted to try a BP, so I bought one brand new. These were in demand at the time so fortunately I didn't lose much when I sold it a few months later used.

The FX Impact has faults but the mid cocking lever is a major reason why I kept it, it also balances well for offhand shooting. It was a $2000 gun that was a problem child and needed repair and tuning! So be prepared to possibly have to tune or fix whatever rifle you buy, used or new. 

It seems like every rifle has faults, weaknesses, or strengths, and less tangible things about it you like for whatever reason. I'll tell you straight up that a FX Royale is one that has a lot going for it and also has few faults.

Since this is your first PCP I'd buy used from someone that has a good rep here on AGN. If you don't like it just sell it at little or no loss, then move onto the next. I did this with 22rf's and eventually worked my way up to "my" ultimate 22 rf. In doing this I "learned" what I liked and what I didn't like about each platform, which is almost invaluable knowledge!

If you plan on hunting occasionally a pump will suffice but if you plan on plinking a lot you'll quickly start to hate pumping, lol.

It's a journey, have fun!

You mentioned the cocking lever position.... that was one of the things that I liked about the Hatsan Air Max, it's farther forward than most of the bullpups I've seen. 

I'm surprised there haven't been any responses from Air Max owners yet. What it claims to offer at its price point, I would think more people would have tried it. Maybe a forum like this just has more people with higher end gear than entry level stuff? 😋

How does the Kral Puncher Breaker Silent compare in power and performance?

The Kral Puncher Breaker Silent gets mixed reviews. Barrels can range from good to bad...with more bad than typical brands. The side lever breaks and if I recall, someone was making a machined replacement. There is a really rough review of one on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkJTD2hWsL4

Don't be turned off Kral by the guy in this video.

The problem with YouTube is that people that do know what they are doing, have a platform to spread their ignorance.

The reason why this guy cocking lever had issues was due to the hammer spring being maxed out or close to it.

He says most times it takes several attempts in to get it to work, that's why and instead of trying to figure out what's wrong, he just kept fighting and forcing the gun to cock, which was why the lever linkage failed in the first place. 

All he had to do was to adjust the hammer spring tension, which is very simple to do, and doesn't require sending the gun to a tuner to do.

I've had my puncher breaker for a couple years now, shot thousands of pellets and haven't had anything happen that could not be easily fixed.

When I maxed out the hammer adjustment, I had cocking issues just like this guy, but figured it out honestly in 5 mins, and knew where my maximum hammer adjustment was from that point, then simply never adjusted it to that point going forward.

I have 2 Kral's now and would not hesitate on buying another.

Ceby78-

You being USMC, you had to learn how to disassemble your weapon, Kral platform is such an easy platform to modify and make extra power with, and the shot count is very good.

However if I had a farm to hold down and was going to buy a airgun for that purpose I would pick up Airforce TalonP and add a moderator to quiet it down, then go to work taking out any critter that needs to be removed.

And it shoots NSA slugs if you so desire.

I really like the FX Wildcats. Problem is every one I see for sale used, they are asking near the price for one new. Being that I live in the middle of nowhere, I really need to save some budget for a portable compressor as I've nowhere near enough to me to get bottles filled, and dont relish the idea of hand pumps. If I could budget out an extra grand, I'd just go for an FX (either wildcat or impact)

I scored a Wildcat 1 with a few extra goodies for $850 shipped off these boards just last week. I believe there was a Wildcat 2 that went for $1150 just a few hours ago. There are some killer deals in the classifieds here. As long as the seller is reputable, you can also find comfort in knowing that the gun you pick will most likely have had any kinks (if any) worked out. Just be aware that the classifieds move FAST. If it's a good deal, it'll be gone in hours.

I'm still not able to reply to classifieds yet....though the pinned faq states should be able to after 10 posts....I think I have that done in this thread?

Just private message them directly. I made my purchase before I had 10 posts on here. Just shot my request via PM with my phone # and the seller and I just texted each other to close the deal. If you make purchases through Paypal Friends and Family, there's literally zero risk to the seller at all. In fact, you're taking on all the risk as the buyer but that's where a seller's history comes into play.

A fellow service member semper fi Marine carry on. 

I had a lot of experience with powder burners up until 2017. 

A nice PCP air rifle is the way to go. specially on a budget you can shoot all day and feel good about it all day.

I have a wildcat mk2 in .30 cal I absolutely love this rifle more then my Ruger Ar10 and my socom 16... both great .308 rifles to shoot. But I can afford to pickup and shoot my wildcat all day. 

I am by no means an expert on this topic but several members on this forum have not only helped me to find great deals on this forum but also assisted me with tuning rifles.

With that being said I have seen .25 cal Wildcat mk 1s forsale for $750 to $800 just a few weeks ago.

Good Luck