• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Good all around under $800

How does the Kral Puncher Breaker Silent compare in power and performance?

The Kral Puncher Breaker Silent gets mixed reviews. Barrels can range from good to bad...with more bad than typical brands. The side lever breaks and if I recall, someone was making a machined replacement. There is a really rough review of one on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkJTD2hWsL4

I really like the FX Wildcats. Problem is every one I see for sale used, they are asking near the price for one new. Being that I live in the middle of nowhere, I really need to save some budget for a portable compressor as I've nowhere near enough to me to get bottles filled, and dont relish the idea of hand pumps. If I could budget out an extra grand, I'd just go for an FX (either wildcat or impact)

The Kral Puncher Breaker Silent gets mixed reviews. Barrels can range from good to bad...with more bad than typical brands. The side lever breaks and if I recall, someone was making a machined replacement. There is a really rough review of one on YouTube.

Good to know... I'll avoid those 

Another vote for the Marauder here. I've got a Marauder and an FX Impact. I won't give up the Marauder. It's a phenomenal learning platform as it's highly adjustable so you can get exactly what you want performance wise. Either tune for power or tune for shot count and higher accuracy.

The Marauder is good and accurate (at least mine) out to 75 yards or so, so don't expect to win any 100 yard competitions with it, but at 50 to 75 yards, darned accurate.

The price also leaves room for a tank you can have filled at the local paintball or scuba shop, or even buy your own compressor. If thinking about a hand pump, this ain't no bicycle tire. for a .22 Marauder, it takes about 100 strokes per 30 shots on a factory stetup. Those last 20 or 30 strokes are more like doing pushups than pumping a bicycle tire. Air tanks are a lot easier to work with.

Lastly, there are plenty of after market parts and support. I added a regulator, changed a couple other parts and now have a good 22 foot pound gun, extremely consistent and 50 shots per fill. The kind folks here lead me through the process and gave lots of moral support!

Oh, and you'll need an optic on the Marauder. No open sights. A spare scope will get you started, until you find out you need to be able to adjust to 10 or 20 yards where most scopes parallax focus is set at 100 yards.

AGD has the Marauder with a hand pump for $630. That leaves room for a couple tins of pellets and a moderate / inexpensive scope.

Just my thoughts, worth what you paid for them.

keep us posted! Go to the range and surprise everyone on how well a "Pellet Gun" shoots, and how much fun it is with NO RECOIL! Oh and quiet too.

Have fun!

please dont advise anyone to buy a USED marauder for $450+shipping unless it comes with a decent scope. thats $100 too much

sportsmansguide sometimes has marauders in .22 for $350 new. $500 for .25 now. 

ebay has some refurbished 25 for $450 freeship. fieldsupply has them for $480. 

marauders are great platform to learn and mod on. but not the best bang for the buck or is it a must have at $450 used...

i bought a Liberty for $100 as complete prts gun and its killing small birds at 75 yards at 35fpe. max i can get it to is currently 64fpe. 300 bar fill, regulated, lever action...not the best. but best bag for the buck right now even at $300 new. 

please dont advise anyone to buy a USED marauder for $450+shipping unless it comes with a decent scope. thats $100 too much

sportsmansguide sometimes has marauders in .22 for $350 new. $500 for .25 now. 

ebay has some refurbished 25 for $450 freeship. fieldsupply has them for $480. 

marauders are great platform to learn and mod on. but not the best bang for the buck or is it a must have at $450 used...

i bought a Liberty for $100 as complete prts gun and its killing small birds at 75 yards at 35fpe. max i can get it to is currently 64fpe. 300 bar fill, regulated, lever action...not the best. but best bag for the buck right now even at $300 new. 

There is way more important things than just a scope thrown in.

The numbers quoted alone for that Marauder tell you it's had extensive modifications. 

Out of curiosity, I looked up the ad. Unless you very talented, have lots of free time on your hands and love modding guns, those mods easily make that gun worth more a new stock gun and certainly worth more than a refurb. On top of the extensive mods it comes with 3 extra magazines ($50) and a 1/2 UNF adapter ($30.). Those little things can really start to add to your cost buying a stock gun.

That ad is exactly why I suggested the op look in the classifieds. If I'm shopping for a Marauder I'd be way smarter to buy that gun, that someone already put $100's into tuning, than a new Marauder.

Having said all that the OP did say he was looking for a bullpup and the Marauder is far from that.

A quick opinion on the Kozak. I have the 550/220 model and I love it and recommend, with some warning.. I had trouble with the shroud and what i call a flimsy built moderator. The POI would change with any re-tightening. I ended up pulling that off letting the barrel free float and going without a shroud and a DonnyFL and could not be happier but again that made the price go up and out of the price point you mentioned. Shoots slugs good. I cannot tell and do not believe it is choked by running cleaning cloth through it.

I have a Marauder in 25 but after shooting the semi bullpup the Marauder feels long and awkward.

1587904408_4528239515ea57f987cb292.24351646.jpg

This is complete crap... that is just about the only negative review on these guns, it was done years ago, the company has changed the weak points and maker of this video has since come out with a different opinion about them. I own all three guns mentioned above - the marauder, the Kral PB and the Streamline, the Kral is far and away the best gun FOR ME and it's hard to give an experienced yet unbiased opinion about anything but man, that gun is hands down friggin awesome. Still love them all but couldn't part with that one.

Sorry for the rant above, I'm also the one selling the Marauder mentioned above and to the original poster - please feel free to call me as I mentioned in my private message. I'm not sure the Marauder is right for you but I think I may be able to give some experienced advice on all or most of the guns you're considering and you may find some of it of value in your pursuit.

This is complete crap... that is just about the only negative review on these guns, it was done years ago, the company has changed the weak points and maker of this video has since come out with a different opinion about them. I own all three guns mentioned above - the marauder, the Kral PB and the Streamline, the Kral is far and away the best gun FOR ME and it's hard to give an experienced yet unbiased opinion about anything but man, that gun is hands down friggin awesome. Still love them all but couldn't part with that one.

He did come out with a subsequent review but was of a tuned gun that included an aftermarket lever among other things.

I've seen no other evidence of improved parts.

Believe me, I shopped for, and read many many reviews of this gun. I really wanted to buy one, but it just seemed like too much of a lottery to me.

I even came close to buying one off the classifieds but the owner admitted it wasn't up to the same level of accuracy as he wanted (nor me.) I would buy one if it was preowned and the previous owner had replaced the weak parts and it was one with a good barrel. I have seen a few that were like that but they sold before I could contact the seller.

A similar PCP to that is the Artemis P15. It can be great...or not. You see some people get lucky while others put a lot into them to make them shooters.

First of all . Thank you for your service !!!

It would help to know what total budget is for the PCP with his out in the country filling issue. Far from Fill station ie Paintball Shop!!!

Taipan Veteran shorty 25 cal in Classifieds 25 cal $995 plus hand pump ! might Work for now. Taipan a bit $$ but reliable & accuracy in spades Bullpup add a Bugbuster scope for $100 . This might fit the total budget . Also in Classifieds FX Wildcat MKI 25 for same and a Wildcat MK1 22 with scope and moderator 

Chinese compressor $200-$300. plus a smaller Ninja bottle from classifieds $200-$300 used for later .

He probably has a shop compressor that can do 125-150 PSI connect to a Shoebox F-10 Booster to get 4500 PSI fill $499 new. plus filter and hoses .

Cheers Mike

He did come out with a subsequent review but was of a tuned gun that included an aftermarket lever among other things.

I've seen no other evidence of improved parts.

Believe me, I shopped for, and read many many reviews of this gun. I really wanted to buy one, but it just seemed like too much of a lottery to me.

I even came close to buying one off the classifieds but the owner admitted it wasn't up to the same level of accuracy as he wanted (nor me.) I would buy one if it was preowned and the previous owner had replaced the weak parts and it was one with a good barrel. I have seen a few that were like that but they sold before I could contact the seller.

A similar PCP to that is the Artemis P15. It can be great...or not. You see some people get lucky while others put a lot into them to make them shooters.

The cocking lever and valve stem was subject to failure and both can be replaced with aftermarket (I completely agree, you shouldn't have to) but they also do honor their warranty for this, as well as PA. That being said, I heard they have improved these factory items so they don't break a few years ago and I am currently running a factory valve stem that I bought from PA for like $5 or $8 I think (mine wasn't broken just wanted another one to test with reshaping) and it hasn't broken on me - I am running dual heavy springs and shooting at up to 65FPE with this gun in .22cal... I know their are some single shot guns that cost double that can get up this high but for what this gun has to offer and being like 32" long, that's damn impressive if you ask me. The gun does a lot of great things, especially for the price range. Again, I only have biased opinions and this was my first PCP, I've done a lot of tuning to it but also have put this thing through the ringer and other than the valve stem seat leaking once after 4 years and I think I changed the breech O-ring once, it hasn't failed me.

The Artemis seems like a decent option too but talk about the lottery, dang...