• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Good Airgun Scope

I'm in the market for a scope for my Katran. I'm thinking something in the 4-16X or maybe a 6-24X. I keep hearing people on forums saying that there are a lot of better scopes than Hawke. I have several Hawke scopes and no problems so far, but I was wondering what is better for the money? I usually stick with the Airmax line, and have been happy, just looking for some variety.
Any suggestions?

Vector Veyron 6-24x44, got 5(3 FFP, 2 SFP). Like my Hawke, as well, but VV is light, super subcompact with bright, clear, crisp optics and smooth functioning adjustments. Amazon wants close to $300 but Krale (Netherlands) Optics Department sells a version that knocked my socks off for $181, $211, to-my-door. SFP, IR (6-shade red center dot) and MPR-V10 reticle, all included. WM

I'm in the market for a scope for my Katran. I'm thinking something in the 4-16X or maybe a 6-24X. I keep hearing people on forums saying that there are a lot of better scopes than Hawke. I have several Hawke scopes and no problems so far, but I was wondering what is better for the money? I usually stick with the Airmax line, and have been happy, just looking for some variety.
Any suggestions?

I own two of these helix's https://amzn.to/3RSAqgn I have the FFP 4x16x44 and the SFP 6-24X50 versions.

- there's my video review from 2 years ago lol, cheesy stuff.

But I DEFINITELY recommend these scopes, they've got two level higher tiers of quality as well if you've got the cash. Titan and Nexus.

fx-review-7857.jpg

@WorriedMan, not to take thread off rail, but I think I read that you also have the Veyron 3-12x44. I also have one (SFP) that I am very happy with clarity-wise. I would like to get your opinion as to if you feel the 6-24 version has the same quality glass. Thank you, Dan
Danoh,
Correct, got the VV 3-12x44, as well, in my scope drawer. Find 12-power not enough for dime-size circle targets @ 50 yards. VV 6-24x44, either SFP or FFP, share exact clear, bright quality glass and smooth functioning as 3-12x44. VV 6-24x44 is my great fit, under $250 scope budget limit, high power for target work, lower power for pesting/hunting. WM

Danoh,
Correct, got the VV 3-12x44, as well, in my scope drawer. Find 12-power not enough for dime-size circle targets @ 50 yards. VV 6-24x44, either SFP or FFP, share exact clear, bright quality glass and smooth functioning as 3-12x44. VV 6-24x44 is my great fit, under $250 scope budget limit, high power for target work, lower power for pesting/hunting. WM
Thank you, Sir! Just what I was hoping to hear. Going to order one now.

I can also vouch for the Veyron. :) It's a good little scope., but not in the same class as the element.

https://amzn.to/3tHiIVc - Veyron
Never looked thru an Element scope, sure they're very nice, just out of my scope price budget. Vector Veyron's light weight and super-subcompact size "fits" my bullpups perfectly with crystal-clear optics as icing on the cake. Adding delivered to my door for $211, easy decision to make. WM

Reactions: Danoh
I'm impressed with the 3-12X VV I have, but to be honest, I figured I just got lucky. I've put it through the wringer and did every test I could think of and it passed with flying colors. It tracks better than any scope I have, including a couple of SWFA SS scopes that track almost as well. Pretty amazing as I think I paid $100 used for it.
So, from what you all have said, I think I'll order a 6-24X SFP and see how it goes.

I’ve had an Element Helix 6-24 SFP and I have a AIRMAX 30 SF COMPACT 3-12x40

The picture quality in the Hawke is far superior imo. I sold the Element and bought a Athlon Midas Tac to fill my 6-24 need. The Hawke is a keeper, I just wish I bought the 4-16.

Just my first hand 2 cents. If I was in the budget of an Element Helix, I’d research the Athlon options, or just get a Hawke.

One question about choosing a scope, not asking for one. Being a powder shooter, I have at least 6 riflescopes. I usually picked out one based on the specs of the optics. I bought a break barrel springer but I don't remember seeing 'suitable for springers' on any riflescope specs when I am surfing the net. I know I could ask each vendor I want, but I would rather choose one myself without asking or making calls.