Kral Arms Going up from 25 to 357

I ordered a kral big horn 357 barrel/probe/mag to swap from 25 to 357 on my modified kral jumbo.

I know I will have to machine the barrel to get this together, but im told the probe and mags will fit the breech.

My bottle is upgraded and I already run 300 bar on this gun. I have it currently doing 55 fpe from a 16" barrel with 3/16" porting for 60 shots. It will do over 60 with eunjins and no valve spring, but it was an air hog.

I would like to leave the porting the same so I can still swap back to 22 and 25. What power do you guys think I can get with an 80 grain pellet and 23" barrel, but on the 3/16" porting?

I'm hoping for in the 750fps range.

Поръчах kral big horn 357 барел/сонда/магнитофон за смяна от 25 на 357 на моя модифициран kral jumbo.

Знам, че ще трябва да обработя цевта, за да събера това заедно, но ми казаха, че сондата и магазините ще паснат на затвора.

Моята бутилка е подобрена и вече работи с 300 бара на този пистолет. В момента правя с 55 fpe от 16" цев с 3/16" порт за 60 изстрела. Ще направим над 60 с eunjins и без пружина на клапана, но беше въздушна свиня.

Бих искал да оставя портирането, това за да мога да сменя обратно на 22 и 25. Каква мощност мислите, че мога да получа с пелета от 80 зърна и 23" цев, но на 3/16" портинг?

Надявам се на диапазон от 750fps
Здравейте, мисля, че няма да загубите успешно от 25 на 35 калибър и да получите добра работа с пушка. За да се постигне добра скорост на изстрела, дупката на целия въздушен път (тялото на клапана, цевната кутия, цевта) трябва да бъде нивелирана. Но ако искате да запазите способността да стреляте и от двата калибъра, не мисля, че ще го направите. Ако не обработите отвори на цевната кутия след поставяне на цев от 35 cal, отворите на цевта ще получат половината от въздушния поток. Но ако решиш пробвай.
П.С. Снимката е когато правех един Бигмакс Х със вграждане на цев хеви лайнер 700 мм. ;)

Untitled11.png

Last edited:
Здравейте, мисля, че няма да загубите успешно от 25 на 35 калибър и да получите добра работа с пушка. За да се постигне добра скорост на изстрела, дупката на целия въздушен път (тялото на клапана, цевната кутия, цевта) трябва да бъде нивелирана. Но ако искате да запазите способността да стреляте и от двата калибъра, не мисля, че ще го направите. Ако не обработите отвори на цевната кутия след поставяне на цев от 35 cal, отворите на цевта ще получат половината от въздушния поток. Но ако решиш пробвай.
П.С. Снимката е когато правех един Бигмакс Х със вграждане на цев хеви лайнер 700 мм. ;)

View attachment 424793
I'm not trying to build some 150+ fpe powerhouse. I would be fine with even 80-100 fpe. This will be used primarily on small game under 100 yards. Just for something different. I may even cut the barrel down to 18" or so, since I prefer carbines.

If I can't get it to work on this rifle, I will just buy another when one pops up for a decent price, and open it all up for the power I want.

Where you gonna shoot that ? That’s a lot of power for 35 yards * edit you said 100y should be devastating.
My dad's I can push 75, and I found a couple public conservation areas teeming with fox squirrels about an hour away from me. Going there next spring, and figured that'd be a fun gun to bring.

I picked up the parts for the swap today. Bolt and mags will definitely fit, but the barrel is too big around to fit the breech and too thin IMO to turn down to fit, which was my original plan.

Port in the barrel is about 5/16" also, so at this point, I'm going to try and track down a used jumbo in need of repair, or maybe a pre owned 30 cal big horn and just have both big bore calibers.

Днес взех частите за смяна. Болтът и магазините определено ще паснат, но цевта е твърде голяма, за да се побере в затвора и твърде тънка IMO, за да се намали, за да се побере, което беше първоначалният ми план.

Портът в цевта също е около 5/16", така че в този момент ще се опитам да проследя използвано джъмбо, което се нуждае от ремонт, или може би втора употреба 30 cal big horn и просто имам и двата калибра с голям отвор .
Аз когато решиш да имам два калибъра, прецених че ФХ Маверик е едно от най-добрите за мен решения, имам го в 22 и 30 кал. Преобразуването от един калибър в друг става за по-малко от 3 мин (сменяш цевта с шрауда комплект както и сондата за въвеждане на слъг). И двете цеви са 700 мм.

Different gun but when my buddy built my 30 cal armada utilizing .187 transfer port all I could squeeze out of it was 825 fps. Now with twice the weight that size porting will be lucky to hit 600 fps imo. Good luck on your build David.
Yeah, soon as I seen the size of the port on the 357 barrel I knew I'd need a different gun to do this build. My 25 cal jumbo shoots so good I don't want to port it all out for the 357 and not be able to go back.

I do have a beeman 1358 project I'm doing, and the barrel fits in the breech on that gun, so I might hog that gun out and make a single shot setup on there. Or try and be patient and wait for a good deal on another Kral to mod for it.

My 357 armada with the cothran and .250 porting 18'' barrel has a shot string from 940-890 fps with fx hybrids. Might only have a 16'' barrel. Hmmm will have to look. With heavier projectiles you really need a valve that moves a lot of air.
Going to be using hades or polymags, we'll hopefully it likes them. So around 80 grains. I will definitely try the hybrids as well. Those cothran valves are no joke, so I'm sure you're getting some good power out of that armada. Is that still using the stock air tube? Aren't they 250cc or so?

I picked up the parts for the swap today. Bolt and mags will definitely fit, but the barrel is too big around to fit the breech and too thin IMO to turn down to fit, which was my original plan.

Port in the barrel is about 5/16" also, so at this point, I'm going to try and track down a used jumbo in need of repair, or maybe a pre owned 30 cal big horn and just have both big bore calibers.
Interesting.. I like your idea there! You Got me thinking about doing something similar with one of these barrels.
Any way I could get you to measure the outside diameter on the barrel where it’s supposed to go into the breech?
Thanks

Interesting.. I like your idea there! You Got me thinking about doing something similar with one of these barrels.
Any way I could get you to measure the outside diameter on the barrel where it’s supposed to go into the breech?
Thanks
Will do when I get home and get a chance!

Reactions: Rvaughn
The breech end of the barrel measures 1.95" as best I can get with my caliper, and is exactly .5" diameter. So call it 13mm bore in the breech to accommodate o-ring space. Outer diameter of the barrel is 15mm and it has a step back down on the last like inch that I didn't measure. Appears to be back down to 13mm and then goes into the 1/2-20 thread.

Reactions: Rvaughn
Thanks for that Dr. Kral!
Looks like it may be a viable swap for my raptor as well..
The 1/2” OD is perfect. I’d just need to turn down another 1.7 inches of the barrel to that same od due to the long breech on it.

Got one ordered! Beats the heck out of paying $450 for a 35 cal barrel from JSAR..
It actually seems like they’ve discontinued that caliber for those guns, since that barrel is never in stock on their site…