• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Going pesting ? What music do you listen to to get your blood flowing?

So you don't drive anywhere to hunt pest? Lucky guy! 

I agree with the focus while hunting. When I was hunting blacktail deer with archery equipment, first thing I would do after leaving my truck would to sit sit very still to listen to the sounds of Nature surroundinging me. Normally would take about 30 minutes to get into the total surrounding sounds. If you will, "become one". Sounds corny, but for me it worked. 

Now that most of my hunting is with airguns for ground squirrels, I still listen to RZ on the way but when I start hunting , I go into hunting mode, hell I even paint up and spray myself with odor suppressor.

I listen to the weather.

Well , I can see your point. You must have to travel a distance.

A little distance, 90 miles driveway to driveway. For me, I don’t care for music or getting hyped or psyched up to go pesting or hunting or shooting. Calm and logical is what I aim for, so gathering information on the conditions and environment is more important to me. YMMV and Ride your own Ride. 

When you do listen to music, what do you like?

Country, rock, classical, heavy metal, etc?

All of the above and then some. Depends on the mood n such. 

I simply listen to the sound of my tires driving down the highway. My wife thinks I'm from another planet, but I simply don't listen to music while I'm busy doing something else.

IIf I'm listening to music, then I'm listening to music.

Lol, I'm sure most of our wives feel the same ! Didn't someone write a book about it? Ying and Yang. Can you imagine if we didn't find the balance? 

THE FINAL COUNT DOWN!!!

kidding a aside I don’t listen to any music because I’m trying to be covert and listen for my neighbors.

Good moderator is a must.

I started building birdhouses with a pneumatic brad guns and giving them to my neighbors, warning them about the sound. Lol, now they hear my AG's go off , they think I'm building again. 

Hiding in plain sight. 😉

THE FINAL COUNT DOWN!!!

kidding a aside I don’t listen to any music because I’m trying to be covert and listen for my neighbors.

I started building birdhouses with a pneumatic brad guns and giving them to my neighbors, warning them about the sound. Lol, now they hear my AG's go off , they think I'm building again. 

Hiding in plain sight. 😉

Now that's an interesting approach. Too bad lumber supply is so expensive now and days. 

THE FINAL COUNT DOWN!!!

Hiding in plain sight.
1f609.svg

Now that's an interesting approach. Too bad lumber supply is so expensive now and days.

Re- use old lumber.😉

And some people think I’m a little crazy for listening to heavy-metal at 64 years old.

I dont. Im 62, and its about all I listen to. Reasons why are beyond the scope of this thread....

But... when I get close to the hunting grounds, stereo off, and start tuning into nature....

Lol, I got 6 years on you, and still listen to HM.

As soon as I get to the hunting site, I all ramped up and blending in to the surroundings. Predator mode. LOVE IT!