• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

"Godfather of Airguns" reviews Artemis PP700

Quiet wasn’t what I was goin for...I took off the shroud and put a bull barrel on it..the reg was cranked up, port opened all the way and hammer spring tightened...

ive since slowed the 30, to mid 400’s for about 18 shots, plus its quieter...I did thread the barrels for a moderator which does help.....I know 425 or so is slow for the 30 pellets or 310 round ball, but I sure do enjoy it..plus big pellets are easier to load!

i did away with the shroud and the front and rear barrel mounting and just tapped the top of the breech in a coupla places along the scope mount and used 8-32 setscrews to hold the barrel in place...the breech end of the barrel has a teeny shoulder turned on it for an oring to seal the rotating breech

He's done it again. The Godfather.
grin.gif

A close examination of the Artemis PP700 – Part 2!
wink.gif

Here: https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2019/06/artemis-pp700s-a-pcp-pistol-part-2/

Yes. Some regulators move air slower than others. Think of it's size in comparison to a rifles. Not to mention less than perfect engineering.

So if the HPA side instantly fills the plenum to a set bar, then the hammer striking the valve releases the air in the plenum. How can the regulator be slow. Isn’t its job to just allow a set amount of air into the plenum? I’m trying to understand the “moving air slower” part. My understanding is HPA side feeds plenum through regulator, plenum is emptied at the opening of valve. Rinse and repeat, where and how does the slow regulator part come in? Is what’s being described not known as regulator “creep”. Very confusing the term “slow regulator“ as applied.