• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BSA God bless the BSA

So I bought a couple BSAs off of here. 2 Ultra MMCs and an Ultra SE. never been a fan of synthetic stock, either CNC aluminum or wood, but I gotta say. Man I love this Ultra SE. It just does. Put a Hawk scope on it, sighted it in and after that, everything was a hit. It just doesn’t miss, I been shooting everything. Tomato’s, apples, mulberries, don’t matter, twang pop. I took it to the feedlot to shoot starlings. I shot 12 shots from my impact, killed 28 birds with the BSA on 3 mags. I’m just in awe. This thing is hotter than a black horse in the desert. Now I want another one.

Good to see some love for the BSA's. I had a shrouded Ultra back in the day and got rid of it. I really wanted the standard version Ultra with the short can on the front. The longer shrouded one wasnt quite the same to me. I've had a plethora of BSA guns over the years, but right now I have a Hornet and a Techstar remaining.
Last airgun show I tried to sell the Hornet, I near couldnt give it away. Will try again this year. Seems folks like the fancier stuff now.

I missed out on a sweet little BSA lightning springer recently. Thought too long about it and it sold.

Last edited:
QuickMemo+_2016-11-01-08-48-05-1-1.png
I've posted this target before but this is what a BSA can do.

Very nice, post up a picture of your rig… would love to see how you have it set up. Also, good work on the starlings….
Nothing real special yet. I ordered a tactical bolt handle and safety catch. Next will be a trigger and another mag along with no limit mounts on a picatinny rail. How long they take to get from the UK I don’t know. I have a Wulf scope that seems to be pretty popular across the pond. Think I’ll lay that on it and to finish it off a nice dark European jungle camo hydro dip for the stock. That will finish it off. The power curve is just to good to play with valving so I’m going to leave it.

IMG_7376.jpeg

Good to see some love for the BSA's. I had a shrouded Ultra back in the day and got rid of it. I really wanted the standard version Ultra with the short can on the front. The longer shrouded one wasnt quite the same to me. I've had a plethora of BSA guns over the years, but right now I have a Hornet and a Techstar remaining.
Last airgun show I tried to sell the Hornet, I near couldnt give it away. Will try again this year. Seems folks like the fancier stuff now.

I missed out on a sweet little BSA lightning springer recently. Thought too long about it and it sold.
Let’s see a pic of it. Might find a someone that needs another.

I love my little BSA Ultra SE in .22. And even more since last week when I put a regulator in it. The gun is very compact and what it lacks in power, it compensates with being so handy to wield.
I like mine for that reason. However, once you pick this little guy up, the BSA is a pig in comparison. I’ll have to weigh it to give you a number but as a guess. 3.5lbs.

image.jpg

Reactions: Joedirt199
Nothing real special yet. I ordered a tactical bolt handle and safety catch. Next will be a trigger and another mag along with no limit mounts on a picatinny rail. How long they take to get from the UK I don’t know. I have a Wulf scope that seems to be pretty popular across the pond. Think I’ll lay that on it and to finish it off a nice dark European jungle camo hydro dip for the stock. That will finish it off. The power curve is just to good to play with valving so I’m going to leave it.

View attachment 375796
I think she looks great as set up and is serving you well. Very nice rig… the starling might beg to differ.

Reactions: Exodus
Is that an FX in a BSA R10 stock?
It very much is. I looked for months trying to find an Ultra. Finally gave up and stumbled on an R10 stock. Had this little streamline that I really liked, but hated the stock. Inletted the Menelli to fit the streamline and walla. There’s a ton of custom work in everything else and more money in it than an Impact new, but it’s awesome if I do say so myself.

Reactions: Joedirt199