• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Globe sight for Hatsan

Yesterday I attempted to put a front globe sight and rear peep sight on my Hatsan 95 Vortex QE. As the barrel shroud sits the front sight higher than if it was not QE I ordered a Lyman FP-AG rear and a front peep that would clamp on a dovetail rail. The rear sight went on with a little finesse but the front did not fit? It turns out that the front sight on the shroud is on a smaller dovetail than the rear somewhere near 9mm and removing the front sight needed a brass drift as the factory stripped the screw head on it. I have read online that there were older guns that had smaller dovetails for the front but I could find no useful information. As I am not adverse to tinkering with nuts and bolts drills and taps I was thinking of drilling and tapping the front globe (two screws) or small bolts and drilling the front as it is only a shroud hiding the baffles and if I screw up I can put the original sight back on to hide the holes. Your thoughts Pro-Con, frivolous or poignant would be welcome especially if you know where I can acquire the correct size globe. Sarcasm also grudgingly accepted.