Glimmer vs the Invasives

Well, the time to do all I can in the near term to stave back the Invasives at my permissions closing, moving Feb 9, so Glimmer and I are doing double time. Today was a little different set up. Since the success I had with the slugs from @intenseaty22 I decided to order two tins of 13.4 gr Knockouts in 177. Today i did a rough tune with pretty good accuracy, running around 845 FPS and 21ish FPE reg pressure 125 bar (someone will ask). I sighted glimmer in a 30 yards, and before heading out set out a 16 oz water bottle (dove size) at 85 yards. Though it took 5 shots I was able to hit and burst the bottle, I figured if it works on the bottle it will work on the collared dove and other Invasives.

After the tuning at the back of the stockyard over a potato field, I come around and see two collared doves, 65 yards. With Glimmer mounted with its AccuTac I used Bob’s hood as a bench and took one dove out, and it tumbled. Then another dove to the left was a bit too slow in the brain also met the same fate, so a good way to start the day, 2 for 2.

Seeing the pigeons and doves scattered from the stockyard not wanting to meet the same fate as their two comrades. So I headed to the dairy, and as I arrived, I gave my usual hellos to the dairy folk, and then my four footed friend showed up jumping on the car to say hi.

3BE18EEF-DD7F-49DC-9DE5-1B1B5E000A4A.1643595039.jpeg

I need to bring some kibble for this pup next time. Wandering around the dairy in Bob, Glimmer and I were able to get several more doves, and two pigeons. However the starlings must have operatives watching me because they seemed to know my every move, and I couldn’t get close enough for a shot. There were fewer hawks this time, but they still made their presence known and the sparrow hawk living in the barn for sure has cleared out the the name sake sparrows, much to the joy of the owner.

After about an hour at the dairy I run back to the stockyard feeling now enough time has passed, so the Invasives think it is all clear. Well, when I arrived at the end of one of the paddock lanes, 65 yards again, I saw two more collared doves on the second post as before. So as before I set up, pop and poof, but the second dove was smarter than the first “second” and fled. I go over to inspect and noticed dove #1 was not not much dove left, one hour remember between kills.

274BD4A8-4DB9-4686-8BFB-70849D363ACD.1643595469.jpeg

The dairyman said it was okay to shoot the collared doves from the tree between the houses, so one sanctuary has ended, and well, Glimmer made that very clear to two more collared doves. Distances free hand 45 yards and rested 52 yards. Dove on right had the slug go through the head, icky.

AC93A7F3-F18E-41DB-8011-FA0379BC95C3.1643595658.jpeg

One more jaunt back the dairy and I was able to take out 2 more doves, and I am proud of this one, though not a firm anchor shot (flew 300 yards or so) I had a 72 yard free hand shot. :D One nice thing too, the diary manager gave me a thank you for thinning the pigeons out at both locations, the doves, well, that is another battle of the Invasives nomads.

Before going I wanted to see how many shots it would take me to shoot a water bottle at a 100 yards with Glimmer using the Knockouts. Answer 6. Remember 177 and I was surprised less hold over needed than thought.

Was a great day and I am so happy with Glimmer it is a blessing, as now my life really seems to be heading. Trust me all, I am thankful as hell for all the positive going on in my life right now, after a rough year, so times like these with Glimmer make it extra special.

B3F3CE5C-3E13-466A-82AC-0539D8576A8D.1643596006.jpeg

@ezana4ce yes, I meant offhand, lack of sleep mind I guess. I am looking forward to a regular schedule. Thanks and I had a couple at 50ishs yards, just something about Glimmer that has increased my knockdown rate.

@l.leon Thanks and I appreciate the support.

@Ranchni Thanks and I plan a few more time out there before I hit the road.

@pruitt58 thanks…something got them for supper.