Glasses on or glasses off?

When looking thru your scope do you take off your prescription lenses/glasses or not? I've been out of the hobby for around 10 years and now that I'm back at it I realize that I wasn't using glasses back in then. For those of your who wear glasses when looking thru the scope do you feel it make a difference on the POI? Just wondering,...cheers!

For me, glasses add to the need to maintain strict eye position when looking at the scope, but I usually wear contacts. I've tried with and without the contacts and glasses multiple times and certainly have to adjust the ocular lens but once I get that right there is no difference for me if I'm good about eye position behind the scope. When I use my glasses, there is an 'extra' focal effect to deal with since that lense is a half inch diff than the contacts adding to the need for being aware of head/eye position. Switching is a bigger issue for me than getting accustomed to do it one way. I've stuck with my contacts all the time now so I don't have to play with the ocular.... 

So I guess my advise is figuring out what is comfortable for you and sticking with it.

For all of my life, I was supposed to wear glasses. After 2 eye surgeries as a kid for crossed eyes, I could see good enough to get by so I did not wear glasses. I had cataract surgery on both eyes in late 2018/early2019. At the age of 64, I had an Epiphany. Ironically, on Monday I went to the eye doctor for glasses. There are a few reasons to wear glasses, even if you don't need them. In my case, I will see even better. As pointed out above, they protect your eyes. I found out the hard way how far a pellet can ricochet when you shoot a golf ball. Luckily, it hit the house, and not my eye. I now live in the high desert of CO. Glasses will also keep my eyes from drying out as bad from the wind, and keep sand and debris out of my eyes.

Clark Kent's Glasses ALL good mine is a little better than 20/15 my drivers licence does not state corrective lenses required though. Just want a better sharper view of life. Especially at the gentleman's Club (A+++ HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BTW). Maybe that's why I can see things most others cant and be most critical about scopes? IDK... How's about JACKET ON JACKET OFF instead for Jaden? Yo!

Juan, you probably need to experiment a little. Eyeglasses can affect how you position your head, and can make it more restrictive. My right eye is about 20/20, and it's my dominant eye, so I often shoot without glasses. My left eye needs some distance correction, so I sometimes leave the glasses on. With my right eye requiring almost no correction, the ocular adjustment does not change. With that said, safety has to be considered. In fact, our club requires eye protection, but I'm out there during the week and often alone, so it's a rule I sometimes break. But, I had a .45 pistol blow up on me a few years ago, and eyeglasses saved me from eye injury, so I greatly respect the risk. I never shoot any metallic cartridge firearm without eye protection. But, high pressure air can cause devastating injury too, so it should be considered. Something as seemingly benign as a piece of a breech O ring is not something you want in your eye. 

Glasses off for me. I have progressive bi-focals, and the glasses create a tiny distortion. In addition, I find that my cheek placement differs when I use glasses. If I push my glasses up, I change my cheek placement, and that kills my accuracy consistancy. And finally, if its sunny out, I get hazy reflection issues, especially if my glasses are dirty.

I wear scrip glasses. Tri-lined now. My distance vision is fine. I do not shoot with glasses. It is just me here, so not even safety glasses. I would be more inclined to wear them if shooting around others or newbies. If competing,... safety glasses are a requirement. I believe ocular lens adjustments will allow either way to work.

I do have an issue with loading tight ports or making notes. For that, I must put them back on. I may try them more in the future so that I do not have to put them on and off.

As a side note,.... close up correction only works so long. At some point, arms length vision will suffer. Hence the tri-focals. The eye doctor says this is normal.

Just a reminder, it's worth the trouble to protect your eyes. It only takes one incident, and things happen fast, and unexpected. As I mentioned, I had a pistol come apart in my hands. My only physical injury was a broken thumb, buy my right side eyeglass lens had several deep cuts from flying shrapnel, any one of which could have been serious. Don't mean to preach, and it's a personal decision. It's a rule I sometimes break with air rifles, although that's not really justified. Sometimes there are no second chances. 

I have progressives, and my eyeballs are so bad I can't see the end of a rifle if I take them off, there is also not enough adjustment in the scopes to deal with my eyes, so they are on. Having progressives they do really screw with you if shooting for a while and my eyes get real tired. After this "pandemic" is over the next script I will get is one for a set focal length and then the "regular" progressives, I could use the glasses that are set to one single "power" through the entire lens for things like the computer and perhaps shooting and the others for day to day life.

Iron sights are a real pain, lets see there is the back site, move head there is the front site, move head again there is the target, you can not see any two in any form of sharpness at one time. If I could get the sights on the gun semi in focus with a good idea of where ther middle of the target is that would be a fantastic thing.

sucks getting old.