• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Glasses on or glasses off?

For safety reasons always wear them. I've had incidences at public ranges were debris from a shot came back towards the shooters with enough force to cause some damage, including a time when I was shooting a smallbore match in Commerce, CA, when I fired a shot and a bullet fragment came back off the backstop and cut my team mates face who was two points to my right.

A scope can not compensate for poor eye sight. If you think it can you're fooling yourself

Only indirectly, in that it effectively places you closer. If you are only slightly near sighted, and can see your target with sufficient clarity at 10 yards, then a 10X scope should work for you without correction at 100 yards. With BR shooters using the ultra powerful scopes that are now in common use, many of them can shoot fine without corrective lenses. But I agree, I see no reason to do it, since you need something for safety anyway. A lot of oldsters like me use bifocals. and some people have trouble shooting with them. For them, plain safety glasses might work fine, depending on their prescription.