• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Glass for R7

Fist time member and poster here. I’ve got a new R7 headed my way and need some opinions on scopes that will compliment the light weight rifle. My budget is up to$400 and main use will be backyard target, plinking etc with ranges from 10 to 30 yards. Want to keep it on the lighter side with max power in the 12 to 14 range. Thoughts? - Thanks

The Optisan 3-12x32 comes in right around your budget. Maybe under if ordered from Krale. If you order from them throw in some pellets to justify the shipping.

I haven't looked through one but it's a scope I'd eventually like to try on my HW30/R7.

I think it comes in around 17 ounces. I also like the smaller objective for keeping it low on a rifle with a low cheek comb like the R7.

Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 on my Beeman R7 .177. Could have easily left the open sights on it and not seen any ghosting from them in the bottom of the scope,, but had an Apex muzzle weight I wanted to finally try so they came off and safely stored away. Just gave it a lower, smoother look.
Also have an older R7 in .20 with the same scope on it, although that one has a bit higher rings and I left the open sights on.
Beeman R7 .177 Bench 1.jpgR7-6.jpg