Air Arms Glass Bedding?

Has anyone tried glass bedding the action on a springer? I’m seeing a slight but steady upward movement in POI with extended shooting with one of my aftermarket stocked FT springers. Scope and mount are solid and screws are tight, but every time I recheck my 30yd at the end of a shooting session, POI is 1/2” higher than it was at the start. I’m thinking maybe some movement within the stock? Uj

Harmonics are in play, With air rifles. How many pellets have been shot through it .. seals need time to seat. Temperature is key. Springs heat up after repetitive shooting .. a Unbalanced tune will rear its head. The actual stock is just the holding medium of the action. If all screws are tight and the inletting and pillar was done proper the first time it’s mute.
NEVER .. have seen one aftermarket stock done with them. A few have made them for the front but none for the trigger area..
The key is done right. 😉. The front screws should be pillars as it’s recoil lugs actually they act as. The rear screw should be tightened 1/2 turn past snug. The front lug trigger screw is for recoil.. On most springers they are not pillared.( HW 80 and many use the screw through wood hole. ..BAD JU JU..). Micro movement happens after wood gets shocked .. For instance. Tx and pro sports have the trigger lug screw.. BEST DESIGN ..it’s just for tension. Let the lug do it’s thing.. Not the screw. Many Pro sport owners should check their stocks for cracks there as they over tighten them. It’s a recoil lug not a tension stud.

I shoot a tuned TX off the bench, a lot. Mostly at 20 meters. I was getting ocassional random shots that I felt were not me always in the vertical plane. I replace the rear leather sand bag with a machinist Vblock screwed on a wooden block with one layer of fuzzy Velcro in the v. Random vertical shots gone. Most 5 shot groups measured outside to outside now around .250 to .300.....or less.

Last edited:
Yes, springers vibrate - but, as a unit! Movement between the stock and action is never a good thing.

I've never bedded a springer action per se, but it DOES pay to make sure it is evenly seated in the stock. I always drop the action on a new acquisition, and run some fine sandpaper in the inletting. There are often patches of rough raised grain, splinters, varnish runs, etc. that need work; a bit of attention here can really help with screws staying tight and accuracy.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried glass bedding the action on a springer? I’m seeing a slight but steady upward movement in POI with extended shooting with one of my aftermarket stocked FT springers. Scope and mount are solid and screws are tight, but every time I recheck my 30yd at the end of a shooting session, POI is 1/2” higher than it was at the start. I’m thinking maybe some movement within the stock? Uj
Airgunstocks.com

Devcon bedding with pillars up front.

IMG_5992.png

IMG_5993.png

IMG_5994.png