• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Glad I live way out in the country

That would be where i would prefer to live too, about a mile to the neighbour sound fine to me.
Also :
You get more house / land for your money.

As of yesterday we got 2 ( G- scale model trains ) loops going at my friends place, where he use to live in the suburbs of the #2 largest town here, the same amount or track will have taken up the whole garden, and things would have been much closer to each other.
And shooting airguns, well no fun as from the patio sitting on a bench 1 foot from the house wall, well we had 12 meters / 13 yards to the targets, and less than half of that to the fence to the neighbour and the street.

With his 2 hectares / 5 acres field we can really let loose, and thoroughly enjoy ourself.

PS. some times i need a barn door too, but eventually i get things to within a inch or less on shorter distances, and i am okay with that as i am never going to compete.
I do mumble "YES" when my shot land exactly where i aim, and it is not uncommon at least on the calm days,,,,, i have still to get to terms with compensating for wind, so some days it can be a crap shoot on where i hit.

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Well the only trigger that I pulled yesterday was my disc grinder and welding machine. I am rebuilding the Roll-Around Target Frame and installing a 1/8" x 12" x 24" steel plate for the new backstop. I bent four 90 degree bends on the plate to get this shape with "flanges" on each end. After I get it painted and installed on the Frame I will show some pictures how the cardboard backing will be held in place so that the Paper Targets can be taped in place. This new setup should last almost forever and now allow for two Paper Targets to be mounted at the same time.

Have a great day,
ThomasT
Steel Target Backstop-104.jpg
Steel Target Backstop-108.jpg

Hello everyone,

OK got all the parts and pieces assembled and it is now ready to shoot at. I plan to replace the wooden clothes pens with some of those Metal Spring Clips, I believe they will hold much better.

I will roll it out to 25-yards and shoot the Old Fart Competition :sleep:🤪👨‍🦳

Have a great day,
ThomasT
Roll-Around Target 500A.jpg
Roll-Around Target 502A.jpg

Reactions: rsfrid
Very nice Thomas, I’m always impressed by your no nonsense, get er done attitude, not to mention your fastidious shop and ability. Well done brother, you are a great asset to this forum!
Hello Scotty1,

Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad that you could not see how really messed up my shop is after doing this project. I replaced the 8-Ton Bottle Jack with a new 12-Ton on my vertical press and had to remove the upper socket and weld on a larger one to fit the 12-T unit. Anyway, boy was that a hassle and I think I wound up using every tool in the shop :D . The new steel backstop design works great because I just shot it 10-times and no "pellet splatter" back on the targets.

Have a great day and thank you again,
ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Busy most of the day with a design project so only was able to shoot at the improved Roll Around Target Frame this morning. I shot at just one target and then this evening at the attached target / photo. Good rain came through my area and cooled the air down a bit and zero wind and perfect conditions for shooting paper. Wish I could shoot all the targets like this one, what a turnaround from the other day :D.

Have a great weekend,
ThomasT
RAW 08-05-2022.jpg

Superb. I score that a 240! Send some of that rain this way would ya? Rained all around us today. Got thunder and wind here. No rain.
Hello cjtamu,

Well it is 240 if you do not delete your 4 low scores...I just didn't have any. We had a huge cell move in and it rained like crazy for about 20 minutes and then the sun came back out but the temperature dropped about 20 degrees.

ThomasT

Thomas, with us humans (that's what I think I am..LOL), our perception almost changes daily it seems! I enjoy both shooting and golfing and to me they are both very similar in that they both need a very repetitive shot routine. In golf, where the club bottoms out changes minutely daily so ball positions change (need to find where it is) and shooting is the same...need to find the right hold, trigger pressure and sight picture which changes slightly on a daily basis with me...it's not always the same! LOL! Keeps me on my toes! But, to me, it's the journey and not always the outcome, maybe that's why I like both sports, seeking perfection but rarely achievable with these two! Have a great weekend!
Isn't it funny how a golf club shaft can shrink or grow between "9's"...

I have days like that, where something isn’t working.
I’m betting that it’s me trying too hard, or not using the same hold on the rifle, or nesting in the bags a little bit differently.
And I’ve definitely noticed that if I get frustrated my patience is gone and I’m definitely not aiming “small” anymore.
Instead I’m in a hurry to get a bull with the next shot.
You sure do have your Crown dialed in ThomasT!
I almost had a 200 yesterday at the 30 yard challenge, and with lots of double X’s too!
I’ll eventually get there.
Isn’t this just about the best hobby?
Even on a bad day it’s still so much fun.
I find myself with a stupid grin pasted on my face as I walk from the shop to a shooting session on the porch lol!
This hobby definitely puts wind in my sails.

• Love
I have days like that, where something isn’t working.
I’m betting that it’s me trying too hard, or not using the same hold on the rifle, or nesting in the bags a little bit differently.
And I’ve definitely noticed that if I get frustrated my patience is gone and I’m definitely not aiming “small” anymore.
Instead I’m in a hurry to get a bull with the next shot.
You sure do have your Crown dialed in ThomasT!
I almost had a 200 yesterday at the 30 yard challenge, and with lots of double X’s too!
I’ll eventually get there.
Isn’t this just about the best hobby?
Even on a bad day it’s still so much fun.
I find myself with a stupid grin pasted on my face as I walk from the shop to a shooting session on the porch lol!
This hobby definitely puts wind in my sails.
Hello Dave,

Yep, you pretty well summed it up and well stated. Also I agree 100% about how much fun this hobby / sport is no matter the score. However, I must admit that the smile on my face is a tad bit bigger when things go right and I hit all or most of the bulls eye :love:. A big reason I enjoy shooting paper targets is I get to review the results which helps me shoot better the next time.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

Reactions: davelarson
Have days like that all the time and freely admit it's the loose nut behind the trigger. My guns are all fully capable Me? Not so much some days...lol
I am the weakest link in my shooting sessions, my Cayden is capable, I have found that when I don't drink a pot of coffee before my session, I shoot better, and spend more time behind the gun. then the bushes .