Glad I bought my p-rod from Amazon - it is leaking.

Every time I aired up my brand new .22 Benjamin Marauder pistol to 3000 psi, and shot it, it was good. Then, when I wanted to shoot it a few hours later, the air pressure inside had always fallen to around 1000 psi and today (after sitting overnight) it was sitting on zero! Obviously, the gun was leaking, but I couldn't hear it.

So, today I went on Amazon, viewed my orders, found the p-rod and clicked on "Return Or Replace Items" - and was told that I couldn't get a refund for the item (something about compressed gases I believe, I don't remember just what the reason was, now) - besides, I didn't want a refund, I wanted it replaced.

So I started a chat and explained what I wanted - not a refund, another gun. The agent for Amazon, was very accommodating. She is going to send me another p-rod and I do not have to return the old one - that blow me away, wow.

So, I am one happy Amazon customer.

Here's the important part of the chat text:

chat.1619896295.png

Here's the old gun:

old one.1619896328.png

Here's the new one:

new one.1619896357.png

How about that!

Based on what I have seen on this forum, this is definitely not the first time this has happened with an airgun that was purchased through Amazon.

I enjoy getting free airgun stuff. Happened to me with some compressors I bought off eBay. They were just in terrible shape when I received them. They had not been properly prepared for shipping, were covered in compressor oil and had multiple other issues. Tried to initiate a return but the seller just refunded my money and said to keep them.

I've ultimately been able to repair 4 out of 5. Suddenly your personal time and some money on parts isn't so bad to spend when the base unit was free. Got to do a lot of learning in the process and I'm retired, so I guess my time is valued at 'free' anyway!

And so far 2 of my local buddies have much appreciated getting free HPA compressors after I got them hooked on PCP air rifles.😁

I bought 2 off Amazon that leaked. A guy on AGN told me most of the leaks are around the foster fitting(put a ballon over the end of the foster fitting end of tube to test). Usually all you have to do is tighten the foster filling nut(11 mm I think) just a little bit and it seals up. If that doesn't work, de-gas, remove foster fitting, wrap threads with teflon(or yellow gas line) tape, and reinstall.

I bought 2 off Amazon that leaked. A guy on AGN told me most of the leaks are around the foster fitting(put a ballon over the end of the foster fitting end of tube to test). Usually all you have to do is tighten the foster filling nut(11 mm I think) just a little bit and it seals up. If that doesn't work, de-gas, remove foster fitting, wrap threads with teflon(or yellow gas line) tape, and reinstall.

I bought an Mrod from Amazon and after about a week it started leaking and it turned out to be exactly this. I had to degas it and teflon tape it, but it has been trouble free ever since.

I own a prod. When it leaks, its 90% from the gauge hole. Just use thread seal tape around the thread and screw the guage back in. 10% of the time its from the fill nipple, unscrew it, clean it, seal thread and screw it back in. These are easy fix yet someone needs to get another free gun cause they lazy to fix it or don't wanna even try. Usually hurt small company trying to make a business cause shipping these guns back and forth isn't worth it that's why they usually just tell you to keep it. People will abuse this and I've seen folks will complain about very small and minor things to get a free new replacement and then they now have 2 for the price of one. 

I own a prod. When it leaks, its 90% from the gauge hole. Just use thread seal tape around the thread and screw the guage back in. 10% of the time its from the fill nipple, unscrew it, clean it, seal thread and screw it back in. These are easy fix yet someone needs to get another free gun cause they lazy to fix it or don't wanna even try. Usually hurt small company trying to make a business cause shipping these guns back and forth isn't worth it that's why they usually just tell you to keep it. People will abuse this and I've seen folks will complain about very small and minor things to get a free new replacement and then they now have 2 for the price of one.

I have the long gun Marauder and after installing a regulator on my own, I was sure I would have leaks. I was lucky and it still holds a full charge after storing it for a period. 

Thanks for the info regarding the simple fixes if I do get a leak I'll have a better idea how to proceed.

Cheers

C

Got the teflon tape, removed the gauge, wrapped the tape and reinstalled the gauge. According to my Nomad II I aired it up to 3000 psi, but the gauge was reading 0. I backed the gauge off a tad on the pressure reading came up to where it was supposed to be.

Can you over-tighten the gauge so that I won't react to the pressure inside the gun?

I'm not expert but I would think it is more likely to be an issue with the teflon tape possibly covering the hole of the gauge. Moving it a little may have opened up the hole to the pressure.

That's what I'm thinking, too. I'm going to re-wrap it tomorrow. I tried to be careful when I wrapped it the first time, but I must have screwed up.