Huben GK1, Thoughts on the good and the not so good.

Well... I purchased the thingy, even if I stated that they have no shame to overprice it so much, and I even take a crusade to made a 3d printed 80 bucks max on materials (the pcp kit for the crossman 2240 and a crappy barrel from Gamo) pcp, double action, 23cm pistol with small game power, that for stupid legal reasons I can't even print in my country (but I found someone that can on his) to teach them a lesson...

View attachment 408718

But finally I purchased the thingy because... I like airguns, and this is the best thing ever produced in pistol format, even if its overpriced has f***, and lucky me, I get the V1 version that is more expensive than the newer V3 versions... for some reasons.
Don't even shooted yet because I only have .177 pellets in my house and no airgun shop in my entire city, well, I dry fire it to adjust trigger sensibility, so I cant talk about accuracy or any feeding/shooting problems yet.

View attachment 408709

The good:
Best air pistol ever made, his direct competitor, the evanix Viper is eons away from it, as other patetic iterations as the Sortie, with plenty of malfunctions, and the meh Evanix Ar6 Pistol that has some problems with double action and depletes almost all the presure with 4 shots.

Internally diferent, at last! The secret of the Gk1 (and the K1) is a higher working pressure and using a valve system that is more logical and efficient than the old -lets punch really hard a rod to open more air flow- that has to travel a narrow space, with a really hard spring thats impossible to compress with a decent trigger pull, so more air wasted on reseting it, etc... etc... The firing valve on the GK1 reminds me off the system that uses the Umarex T4E series of crappy Co2 shooters, but in reverse and perfected.

Semi-auto, insane power, easy to regulate on the go (where is legal to do it).

Really lightweight!

The not so good:
The instruction manual on mine have an attached advice to not continuos rapid fire it... WTF... I will do it anyways.

The carbon fiber tank... are they suposed to have a much shorter lifespan, and have to be revised every 5 years? I don't know if its the case with the GK1, but I would rater have prefered a traditional steel tank even if it weights a little more for durability.

So much wasted space!! the grip protudes too much and increases the overall length, I thought the objective is to make an air PISTOL that could be called a pistol. I know its better to be front heavy and that helps with the recoil and control... in a firearm... But this is air, the recoil is totally controllable and you can make it front heavy anyways without increasing the overall lenght just advancing a little more the grip.
Also, the barrel ends before the endcap, so, this pistol could have been about 28cm long instead of its 32.5.

The charge rod gets in the way on left handed shooters, but I see that this is a problem solved on the newer V3 versions.

The air port is exposed to dust and dirt, just inexcusable.

The recharging method is just meh.

Trigger lenght is non adjustable and a bit too short for my taste, also come too light from factory.

The whole mechanism turns it into a always cooked and ready to fire gun. The only thing that prevents it is a small mechanism that I bet if the gun recives some hit, it may accidentally shoot. In the rifle format this isn't that big of a problem, but with a pistol that you could carry on your body to go hunting or something, on that dangerous permanent state... I don't know, maybe I'm wrong... but unless I see someone bashing his charged Gk1 on a table and the thing not firing, just seeing the whole mechanism makes me feel uneasy.

Things that can be 3d improved:

A plug to cover the charging port when you are not filling it!

Another grip that not protude out of the upper body of the gun. It will have to replace also the trigger guard and maybe the transmision rod to advance the whole trigger further.

A loading gate that don't cost 28 bucks, cause theirs is also crappy 3d printed.

Tuning gear connected on the regulator to adjust the power at any time, plus mechanical numeric indicators, it can be done... but for some reason the manual states that you must turn the valve just a quarter every time.... why? I don't see any mechanical problem with not doing it that way.

When I finish the Cheapo/poor man's Huben GK1, I will compare the two, and then maybe I'm gonna start making 3d mods for the GK1, wich I can never use on mine for legal reasons on my country.
Thanks for this great review. It gives me something to think about before purchasing this item at such a high price point! I think I'll wait for some improvements and a better price before considering my purchase. Any suggestions on something comparable in power with a better track record and accessories?
Yes, paranoid about safety but willing to disregard the manufacturers advice and “. WTF... I will do it anyways.” 🤔

Well... I purchased the thingy, even if I stated that they have no shame to overprice it so much, and I even take a crusade to made a 3d printed 80 bucks max on materials (the pcp kit for the crossman 2240 and a crappy barrel from Gamo) pcp, double action, 23cm pistol with small game power, that for stupid legal reasons I can't even print in my country (but I found someone that can on his) to teach them a lesson...

View attachment 408718

But finally I purchased the thingy because... I like airguns, and this is the best thing ever produced in pistol format, even if its overpriced has f***, and lucky me, I get the V1 version that is more expensive than the newer V3 versions... for some reasons.
Don't even shooted yet because I only have .177 pellets in my house and no airgun shop in my entire city, well, I dry fire it to adjust trigger sensibility, so I cant talk about accuracy or any feeding/shooting problems yet.

View attachment 408709

The good:
Best air pistol ever made, his direct competitor, the evanix Viper is eons away from it, as other patetic iterations as the Sortie, with plenty of malfunctions, and the meh Evanix Ar6 Pistol that has some problems with double action and depletes almost all the presure with 4 shots.

Internally diferent, at last! The secret of the Gk1 (and the K1) is a higher working pressure and using a valve system that is more logical and efficient than the old -lets punch really hard a rod to open more air flow- that has to travel a narrow space, with a really hard spring thats impossible to compress with a decent trigger pull, so more air wasted on reseting it, etc... etc... The firing valve on the GK1 reminds me off the system that uses the Umarex T4E series of crappy Co2 shooters, but in reverse and perfected.

Semi-auto, insane power, easy to regulate on the go (where is legal to do it).

Really lightweight!

The not so good:
The instruction manual on mine have an attached advice to not continuos rapid fire it... WTF... I will do it anyways.

The carbon fiber tank... are they suposed to have a much shorter lifespan, and have to be revised every 5 years? I don't know if its the case with the GK1, but I would rater have prefered a traditional steel tank even if it weights a little more for durability.

So much wasted space!! the grip protudes too much and increases the overall length, I thought the objective is to make an air PISTOL that could be called a pistol. I know its better to be front heavy and that helps with the recoil and control... in a firearm... But this is air, the recoil is totally controllable and you can make it front heavy anyways without increasing the overall lenght just advancing a little more the grip.
Also, the barrel ends before the endcap, so, this pistol could have been about 28cm long instead of its 32.5.

The charge rod gets in the way on left handed shooters, but I see that this is a problem solved on the newer V3 versions.

The air port is exposed to dust and dirt, just inexcusable.

The recharging method is just meh.

Trigger lenght is non adjustable and a bit too short for my taste, also come too light from factory.

The whole mechanism turns it into a always cooked and ready to fire gun. The only thing that prevents it is a small mechanism that I bet if the gun recives some hit, it may accidentally shoot. In the rifle format this isn't that big of a problem, but with a pistol that you could carry on your body to go hunting or something, on that dangerous permanent state... I don't know, maybe I'm wrong... but unless I see someone bashing his charged Gk1 on a table and the thing not firing, just seeing the whole mechanism makes me feel uneasy.

Things that can be 3d improved:

A plug to cover the charging port when you are not filling it!

Another grip that not protude out of the upper body of the gun. It will have to replace also the trigger guard and maybe the transmision rod to advance the whole trigger further.

A loading gate that don't cost 28 bucks, cause theirs is also crappy 3d printed.

Tuning gear connected on the regulator to adjust the power at any time, plus mechanical numeric indicators, it can be done... but for some reason the manual states that you must turn the valve just a quarter every time.... why? I don't see any mechanical problem with not doing it that way.

When I finish the Cheapo/poor man's Huben GK1, I will compare the two, and then maybe I'm gonna start making 3d mods for the GK1, wich I can never use on mine for legal reasons on my country.
Thanks for the great info. I wanted to wait and get more info on this one before making my purchase. High price point with flaws that may be corrected with time. What would you suggest as a comparable replacement with accessories and a lower price point?
Again, great post!

One little update. I have both a V1 and a V3. I am right handed. I like the V1 much more than the V3. The magazine disengage lever is much easier to operate on the V1. No after market loading gate is required on either model. The factory gate works perfectly. The trigger is adjusted too lightly by the factory. Both of my versions doubled when delivered. The weight, balance and accuracy of the pistol is amazing. The moderator adapter does not always remain in line with the barrel when tightened against the shroud. At the moment, there is no better PCP pistol made. The GK1 is top of the line by a large margin.

Thanks for the great info. I wanted to wait and get more info on this one before making my purchase. High price point with flaws that may be corrected with time. What would you suggest as a comparable replacement with accessories and a lower price point?
Again, great post!
Really ? ...you make your decision from this post ?

I suggest you actually read post from actual owners that have shot 1000s of round out of this amazing pistols or even rifles for that matter.

Or just keep on waiting :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Gracias por la gran información. Quería esperar y obtener más información sobre este antes de realizar mi compra. Precio elevado con defectos que pueden corregirse con el tiempo. ¿Qué sugeriría como reemplazo comparable con accesorios y un precio más bajo?
De nuevo, ¡gran publicación!
Todo lo que esperas, será tiempo perdido para tí, llevo más de 20 años con PCP y esto, es lo que más me ha gustado de lejos, tengo un amigo que también espera y la pone pegas sin haberla probado, el problema, el dinero. .
Saludos.

Really ? ...you make your decision from this post ?

I suggest you actually read post from actual owners that have shot 1000s of round out of this amazing pistols or even rifles for that matter.

Or just keep on waiting :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Every time a new gun comes out, everyone and their mother tries to come up with a way to make $$ off it by offering up different modifications for it. It's easy to see how people can think of all the modifications and video content as being some sort of problematic issue.
I'm used to having to spend days if not weeks of trial and error with every new gun I have, set up on this thing was boringly easy.
Seriously what flaws, this gun out of the box is ready
99.9% of issues with this gun are user created.

Every time a new gun comes out, everyone and their mother tries to come up with a way to make $$ off it by offering up different modifications for it. It's easy to see how people can think of all the modifications and video content as being some sort of problematic issue.
I'm used to having to spend days if not weeks of trial and error with every new gun I have, set up on this thing was boringly easy.
Seriously what flaws, this gun out of the box is ready
99.9% of issues with this gun are user created.
Exactly (y)

Don't waste your money on this gun. It is powerful and accurate, but it has a bad habit of jamming during use, which causes you to partially disassemble it to clear the problem. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it.
Zero Jams with 2 guns and quite a bit of shooting,....like it has been said operator mistakes is the main problem

I just have to ask as I’m seeing it more often:
What‘s up with all of the posts in Spanish?
I haven’t noticed many posts in Spanish but since it was brought up I’ll shed some light:

1) This is an international forum. Folks from all over the world come here to gain and share knowledge.

2) Spanish is the second most spoken language in America.

Back before the internet became this advanced it was a chore to try and translate. Now it’s just a couple clicks away. Select(highlight) the words and then hit translate. You might learn a thing or two from those posts amigo. 🤠

Don't waste your money on this gun. It is powerful and accurate, but it has a bad habit of jamming during use, which causes you to partially disassemble it to clear the problem. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it.
Load the magazine correctly with ammunition that fits and your jamming will go away. Don't blame this superb gun for your errors.

I haven’t noticed many posts in Spanish but since it was brought up I’ll shed some light:

1) This is an international forum. Folks from all over the world come here to gain and share knowledge.

2) Spanish is the second most spoken language in America.

Back before the internet became this advanced it was a chore to try and translate. Now it’s just a couple clicks away. Select(highlight) the words and then hit translate. You might learn a thing or two from those posts amigo. 🤠
Hmmm...that's interesting.
Soon to become the first most spoken language but, at 70, I'm not learning it.
Thanks

Last edited:
Put it up in the classifieds for a reasonable price, someone WILL buy it.

Reactions: scottblair
Disculpad compañeros, pensaba que se traduciría automáticamente al idioma del país, a mí me sale solo en Castellano (Español), se poco inglés, intentaré traducir cuando escriba.
Regards.
Barri, ¿en qué parte de España está tu casa? Acabo de regresar de Valencia. Fallas. ¡Auge, auge!

English: Barri, which part of Spain do you live in? I just returned from Valencia. The Fallas festival has a lot of boom boom fireworks!

Reactions: Barri_40
I’ve had virtually no jams, just 2-3 where I shot with too low air pressure. I just filled it and shot again which fixed it. This is shooting thousand of pellets, including Crosman Premier hollow points which slide around in the magazine.

Maybe your magazine and barrel are not aligned. There is a post about that.

Barri, ¿en qué parte de España está tu casa? Acabo de regresar de Valencia. Fallas. ¡Auge, auge!

Español: Barri, ¿en qué parte de España vive? Acabo de regresar de Valencia. ¡El festival de Fallas tiene muchos fuegos artificiales!

Español: Barri, ¿en qué parte de España vives? Acabo de regresar de Valencia. ¡El festival de Fallas tiene muchos fuegos artificiales boom boom!
Soy de Madrid, buen sitio has ido jejee, has comido paella?
Me alegra que hayas estado en España.
Un abrazo amigo.

Soy de Madrid, buen sitio has ido jejee, has comido paella?
Me alegra que hayas estado en España.
Un abrazo amigo.
Lo mismo para ti, amigo. Nací y viví en Portugal hasta los 10 años y ahora mi hermano vive en Valencia, así que la visito al menos una vez al año. Mi esposa y yo somos adictos al jamón serrano, ¡lo cual presenta un desafío al vivir en Utah!