• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben GK1 sights: open or optics?

Huben GK1 Red dot mount option, truglo trutac micro with a monstrum mount for ruger 10/22 for the docter red dot type.

No permanent modifications done, i just removed the screw and spring from rear sight, install new longer screw with red dot mount and 3m double side tape the mount down (drill out a recess for the screw on top of gk1 on the bottom of mount) i did add a little hot glue in front mount hole to help keep it there, im also thinking of removing that little alignment pin and adding a screw. Red dot is very secure and works great on this pistol and is very bright in daylight. Also must have is the loading door from Ricochet, load three at once and no damage to pellets.

View attachment 381571

View attachment 381572

View attachment 381573

View attachment 381574

View attachment 381575

View attachment 381576

View attachment 381577

View attachment 381578
love this setup. Just ordered a Monstrum mount for my Holosun 507

Just messing around. I do really like my sexy old Bausch & Lomb 2x.
20230819_103531.jpg
20230819_103923.jpg
20230819_104112.jpg
20230819_104742.jpg

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Holosun HE508T-GR on mine. Although I have the habit of changing things. I have a couple other reflex sights (all Holosun) that I may try at a later date. Right now, I'm happy with this one.
Titanium body, dot or circle, or dot with...the circle. Green dot.

View attachment 393778

Mike

I love these Holosun's in "green" more so than red. Have three and they are awesome pistol sights!

Here's an interesting open sight. I have a couple of them.
I'll print a picture of mine tomorrow, I'm on the wrong computer.
No batterys, just ambient light needed. Even visible in lower light. Or...you can buy the tritium powered version and have a working sight in the dark !
There's also a torture test of one of these in YouTube. Beat up pretty badly, and still works as it did before the testing.

I don't have a better shot.

1696430283859.jpeg

1696430372933.jpeg

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolhand
No batterys, just ambient light needed. Even visible in lower light. Or...you can buy the tritium powered version and have a working sight in the dark !
There's also a torture test of one of these in YouTube. Beat up pretty badly, and still works as it did before the testing.

Mike
Interesting, never seen one.

They work pretty well.
One eye or two, similar both ways. I have bifocals and have astigmatism, and this sight doesn't care. It's still easy to see the reticle and, find the target.

Mike
Mike, Got me one. I really like it so far. I sighted it in for 15 yards. Hitting quarters size targets offhand with ease. I don't know how I missed these, guess I don't "See All Sights", (pun intended). Funny thing, when I am done shooting, I keep wanting to shut it off. I am going to have fun with it. Feel sorry for the squirrels that jump up 10 yards In front of me.

20231007_155939.jpg

T

View attachment 394007

View attachment 394008

View attachment 394007

View attachment 394008

Mike
Thanks for posting, just ordered the MK II . I have a red dot on it now and I hate red dots as I have an astigmatism. I prefer open sites on pistols but moderator blocks them. By the way they have 40% off if you enter email. So got the MK II with tritium for 120$ shipped

Reactions: Arkie45
Mike, Got me one. I really like it so far. I sighted it in for 15 yards. Hitting quarters size targets offhand with ease. I don't know how I missed these, guess I don't "See All Sights", (pun intended). Funny thing, when I am done shooting, I keep wanting to shut it off. I am going to have fun with it. Feel sorry for the squirrels that jump up 10 yards In front of me.

View attachment 394762
Is that a sling attachment on the rear?

View attachment 394762
FYI, I saw this 1 MOA that is selling for $399 after rebate, https://www.opticsplanet.com/trijicon-1-0-adj-red-rmr-type-2.html?_iv_code=TJ-RD-T1ARRT-700742

I thought the Holosum 507K Green dot 2 MOA looked really nice. Your comment of the advantage of a 1 MOA made sense but it a lot more money, but the one on sale for $399 seems like a possibility. I like the idea of trying to keep the sight as low of a profile for esthetics which leaned me towards the Holoson as it is only .95" tall?

Holosun HE508T-GR on mine. Although I have the habit of changing things. I have a couple other reflex sights (all Holosun) that I may try at a later date. Right now, I'm happy with this one.
Titanium body, dot or circle, or dot with...the circle. Green dot.

View attachment 393778

Mike
Mike, your gun looks great! I was looking at the Holosun 507K Green dot which is a little shorter in height at .95". Does the Holosun's mount directly with nothing extra required? Your gun looks nice as it the red dot looks like it mounts right on the gun with no extra adapter increasing the height?