• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben GK1 sights: open or optics?

What is everyone's plans for the gk1 pistol?

I was looking at a holosun and other reflex sights yesterday and wasn't really super happy with any except maybe the ones that had a circle and a +, to provide a couple aim points...I don't really want a scope for weight and handling. Not sure what I am gonna do with mine and welcome suggestions! My goal is 40-50 yard minute of squirrel, packable and holsterable.

Thoughts?

Reactions: markhooper
I've not seen anything yet about the pistol.. but you have my interest.. I have a umarex notos pistol and it's 22" long, definitely not holster friendly, if I remove the moderator it's still 16". I plan on shorting the barrel, air tube and shroud to get it to the size of the attaman ap16 compact 12" and I plan on making the moderator screw on and off..
please send me a link or information on the gun you are talking about.. is it available? how much is it? and can I get it with open sights.. sure wish I had the money and got the attaman ap16 compact when pyramid air had it on clearance.. now I can't find them anywhere because I guess of the war. and if I had gotten it, I probably wouldn't be able to get parts.
Mark

Reactions: mil
I've not seen anything yet about the pistol.. but you have my interest.. I have a umarex notos pistol and it's 22" long, definitely not holster friendly, if I remove the moderator it's still 16". I plan on shorting the barrel, air tube and shroud to get it to the size of the attaman ap16 compact 12" and I plan on making the moderator screw on and off..
please send me a link or information on the gun you are talking about.. is it available? how much is it? and can I get it with open sights.. sure wish I had the money and got the attaman ap16 compact when pyramid air had it on clearance.. now I can't find them anywhere because I guess of the war. and if I had gotten it, I probably wouldn't be able to get parts.
Mark
guess I should mention that I have to have open sights, I can't use a scope, even on a rifle..
thank you
Mark

First let's get our terminology straight. We will call a laser sight that projects a red/green dot onto the target a "laser dot" sight. One that projects a recticle-symbol onto glass is a "reflex" sight. A laser dot will scare prey animals (the second time) while a reflex sight will not. A small, under barrel laser dot unit might fit into a roomy holster but a top-mount reflex sight will not.

A reflex sight offers a selection of reticle shapes, in red or green. If you are hunting with one you will want one that turns itself on and off.

If you are target shooting you will want a rechargable sight.

At a 40-50 yard range you may want a scope instead for magnification. Otherwise you might find that your reflex reticle covers up your target. The range of a cheap laser dot is 30 yards.

First let's get our terminology straight. We will call a laser sight that projects a red/green dot onto the target a "laser dot" sight. One that projects a recticle-symbol onto glass is a "reflex" sight. A laser dot will scare prey animals (the second time) while a reflex sight will not. A small, under barrel laser dot unit might fit into a roomy holster but a top-mount reflex sight will not.

A reflex sight offers a selection of reticle shapes, in red or green. If you are hunting with one you will want one that turns itself on and off.

If you are target shooting you will want a rechargable sight.

At a 40-50 yard range you may want a scope instead for magnification. Otherwise you might find that your reflex reticle covers up your target. The range of a cheap laser dot is 30 yards.
I need good old fashioned iron sights.. if I can see it I can hit it
. I tried my daughter scope on her 300win mag and it has 4 cross hairs.. which one do I use? put on reading glasses and it only has the correct one.. but I can't walk around with reading glasses.. so I am probably going to stay with open sights until I can't shoot anymore 😂. please let me know any information about this pistol and if it has open sights.. also will it be available in the USA.. I wanted a mustang lobo rifle but with all the searching I did all I can find it's not available in the USA.. don't know why but it looks like a great cowboy gun.
Mark

. I tried my daughter scope on her 300win mag and it has 4 cross hairs.. which one do I use? put on reading glasses and it only has the correct one.. but I can't walk around with reading glasses.. so I am probably going to stay with open sights until I can't shoot anymore 😂. please let me know any information about this pistol and if it has open sights.. also will it be available in the USA.. I wanted a mustang lobo rifle but with all the searching I did all I can find it's not available in the USA.. don't know why but it looks like a great cowboy gun.
Mark
There is a lot of info on the huben gk1 on these forums. They should be shipping any day now!

Mark
It has open sights. It is significantly more powerful than the ataman ap16. Also semi auto. Kelly at crazycoolairguns should have them soon

So leaning more toward a scope and some sort of bandolier holster...

Scope contenders:
weaver 2-6x32, 11oz, https://www.opticsplanet.com/weaver-classic-series-handgun-scope-2-6x32mm.html
leupold 4x28, 7oz, https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-m8-4x28mm-handgun-silver-rifle-scope.html
burris 2x20, 7oz, https://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-2x-blk-handgun-scopes.html

The burris is half the price and half the magnification. I've only ever heard good things about leopold - and these are all fixed parallax at 100yds, so some adjustment will be needed.

I'm leaning towards saving for the leopold, because I don"t think 2x is enough to be as accurate as I want and as the pistol probably can be.

Reactions: Coolhand
A reflex dot sight like this can be used for hunting, but the 2-moa dot will cover 1 inch of your target at 50 yards (almost unacceptable); at 25 yards, it will cover 1/2 inch. Plus, you need to get the Picatinny adapter plate. I might be able to live with that, :)
What other 1MOA dot reflex sights are they? 1 MOA dot covers 1/2 inch at 50 yards and only 1/4" at 25, precise if you are talking about hunting. I definitely like this better.
This is the only one I know of, but there has to be more.

I'm thinking the same about needing a scope for longer shooting. If it's close enough for open sights I would use a slingshot. This is to be my hike and hunt squirrels airgun, so I do think weight is very important. Doesn't one of the Burris scopes have adjustable parallax?
Burris

I'm going to start with this. Hard to go wrong for $60. I've got a Burris pistol scope on my Ruger Blackhawk I can try as well.

Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 6.28.32 PM.png