• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben GK1 PERFECTED mod finally out!!

You can download my fantabulastic mod for the gun, (only V1 for the moment).

Well.. I just find out that my mod also corrects the flaw design of the charging rod getting on the way for left-handed shooters. In my grip design, the hand is a bit more lowered, so no more problems with the charging rod if you hold it with left hand, that's a plus.

Instructional video:

It shortens the overall lenght, centers the point of balance making the gun less heavy on the hand and easier to aim quickly, changes the trigger system to a press on, various trigger length choices, yeah you can feel the 2 stage and its smooth like the original, only in crappy plastic. A power tuning wheel on the go, with indicator!! just like the K1 rifle, a quick rear stock assembly mechanism, rear stock still in the make... it will be lenght adjustable on the go as well.

IMG_20240215_200804.jpg
IMG_20240215_200143.jpg

Last edited:
The basic idea seems sound, but not a fan of "flat" sided grips. Time for some epoxy filler.
Also a more rounded / shorter, trigger guard, in front of the trigger.

More / different ideas in grip shapes for future versions.

Mike
I could easily do that, the model dont print from the sides, so I can give them shape, same with trigger guard, but right now I don't want to touch anything 3d for some days. The right down side is shaped to acomodate better the hand, only is not seen in the picture, the left hand version have the shape in the other side.

If some people actually download this, I will consider to make diferent shapes, but those things take forever to print to actually check if the handle is ergonomic enough, I failed 3 times a +13 hour print (thats why I include a extra printing support version for those of us with crappy cheap printers), to the point of trowing the 3d roll against the wall in pure rage, so, for me to consider to start playing and testing with different shapes, many, MANY people should download this, and somehow I doubt they do.

If you have a 3d printer, I could give you the raw file just for the handle + base so you can change the shape to your like and shorten your lifespan in printing frustration.

Thanks, the grip is not that small, the pistol is just huge... as for the lower hand, I must work with the upper body shape, the only way to put the hand totally in line is to put the grip back the pistol, but the whole point of the mod is to reduce space.

The finger rest in line with the trigger, I make sure of it as well that the handle is comfy. I whould say is like a functional modern handgun with just a little ergonomic touch.

IMG_20240216_132901.jpg

IMG_20240216_132741.jpg

IMG_20240216_132820.jpg

That's a comparison with a 1911 (I know it's a Hi-Cappa). If the model sells just 10 units, I can make other shapes, the hard work is already done, but I can assure that the shape I come with is comfortable to hold and aim.

I guess after I finish the rear stock, I could design a piece to mount it on any GK1 without my fancy grip mod, I could use a small part of the upper rails and the back of the pistol itself, without even obstructing the rear sight. As much as I love my design, I don't think many people share the same love... but a more standard rear stock will sell better.