Huben GK1 optics

Steve-l wrote -
I hate to say this, but those SeeAll sights are not appropriate for an air pistol. I mistakenly bought one. It is still in the box. Because of hold over required at distance you lose sight of the target.......useless.

Again, the above comment, is incorrect, and useless.
1 - Their use is NO different than iron sights. Funny...people have used iron sights for...yeah, just a FEW years, and still do ! And have used them at short and longer distances.
Hell, I used to shoot my little Beretta, 21A...WITH iron sights (!) at a piece of steel plate, at a distance of about 120 yards (maybe more)...AND hit it ! So, there IS that.

2 - The use of the SeeAll sight is NO different than iron sights.
Therefore, the SeeAll sight IS useful, and relevant on firearms AND airguns.
I have NO problems using the SeeAll sights on either my air powered guns OR my crossbows.

I'll take yours off your hands is you don't like it that much... I can actually put it to use !

Mike
Mike,
I'm very happy you like your "SeeAll" sight. You are certainly welcome to your opinion as am I mine.. Now compare your SeeAll" with even the least expensive Chinese reflex sight at less than half the cost that has none of those restrictions I identified. I know it is personal taste, but what's the better deal?

Seems right, you are into "cheap" (or in your words, least expensive) Chinese stuff...figures.

Me I'll stick with a "little" better quality equipment. Meprolight, Trijicon, Holosun, EOTech, and the like.

1701186977100.jpeg

1701187162900.jpeg

1701187040292.jpeg

Mike

I think I am going like this 1X Raider. I set it back this far because it will be closer to my eye when I don't use the stock. I have been shooting it without glasses setting the diopter. Very clear. It's so lovely to look through compared to a reflex. I have not stretched it out yet. But I have been hitting nickle size spinner every time over 20 yards. Also, I had to remove some material to make the T-bar flange flat. An angle would be easier. I can see the front part of the Impulse at 6 o'clock, which is not enough to be an annoyance. So, I could not mount the Raider any lower. I am going to shoot some more. :) I have a 1X PA & this is more pleasing for me to look through, maybe just me.

20231130_143032.jpg

Reactions: JDGriz
I think I am going like this 1X Raider. I set it back this far because it will be closer to my eye when I don't use the stock. I have been shooting it without glasses setting the diopter. Very clear. It's so lovely to look through compared to a reflex. I have not stretched it out yet. But I have been hitting nickle size spinner every time over 20 yards. Also, I had to remove some material to make the T-bar flange flat. An angle would be easier. I can see the front part of the Impulse at 6 o'clock, which is not enough to be an annoyance. So, I could not mount the Raider any lower. I am going to shoot some more. :) I have a 1X PA & this is more pleasing for me to look through, maybe just me.

View attachment 411099
There is an idea in this pic which isn't fully formed: an upside-down L-shaped adapter with pic rails on both outer surfaces and 3 sunk holes - 2 for the receiver back cover screws and 1 for the sight screw.

Here's another reflex sight on one of the @M0ist0ne sight mounts. Nice and solid 3D printed mounting solution, and his easy access loading gate is pretty sweet as well. Found here...

Screenshot_20231201-000309.png

My original intention was to buy only a red dot but my astigmatism is mostly why I got the magnifier. I know it’s not ideal for a pistol but I don’t mind holding it close. I’m not going to be using it in “combat”. I’ll probably be sitting for shooting at any distance greater than 50 feet. Also, I want to have the red dot for when I get new glasses. Hopefully I won’t need the magnifier to sharpen the reticle when wearing them. But at least I’ll have the option to use it for when I want to challenge myself for some fun long shots.

The gun arrived today but I ran into an issue with mounting the red dot. The magnifier went on fine with the 4-slot snap-in adapter I bought. But using the same adapter, the sight wouldn’t tighten to the dovetail rail. I ended up ordering this to use in lieu of the two adapters:

LONSEL 11mm Dovetail to 21mm Picatinny Rail

I really hope that it works 🤞! I’ll post an update when I’m able.
I have my red dot and magnifier mounted to my GK1 (check my previous posts for information about the sight and magnifier). It’s a lot heavier than I’d like, but it’s accurate so far as I’ve shot it. I’ve only been able to shoot two magazines of pellets—and only at about 10-15 yards away—because of the weather being lousy (I live in Newark, NY; basically right in between Rochester and Syracuse), and being busy with life. Along with the picture of my Huben, I’ve included a pic of three H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme pellets (The first two pellets are face up, and the third pellet is face down). The first one hasn’t been shot; the second one, I think went through a piece of thin (approx. 1/4”-3/8”) OSB; and the third one went through a squash (you can see a bit of yellow-orange from it) that was probably 6” thick where it penetrated. Both pellets were retrieved from a pellet trap placed behind the targets that is generously layered in duct sealant, thus allowing me to retain them without further deformation occurring beyond what resulted from hitting the targets.

GK1_optics_mounted Large.jpeg

H&N barracuda Large.jpeg

One major thing I’ve purchased since last time posting is a GX Pump CS4 compressor. It’s a little pricey, but at the time of writing this, it is $72 less than I paid a month and a half ago. I bought it for $585 but it’s now available for $513 (using discount code GX10OFF). The Beeman hand pump I got from Amazon worked exactly once before failing on me lol. But even using it just that one time was enough to make me appreciate having the CS4 soooooo much; it works like a dream! If you are even semi-serious about air gunning, the GX Pump CS4 is a great investment in my opinion. It’s rated to 5800 psi, so filling a GK1 to 5000 is no problem. Plus, it’s much quieter than I expected—according to reviews I’ve read, it’s one of the quietest pumps available. Additionally, I opted to get the custom 3D printed loading gate made by Wolfiek Group and sold at Hubenairguns.shop. It seems to be a terrific inexpensive upgrade from the stock version (so far), and makes it much easier to load the magazine.

I know my gun isn’t the best setup out there, but so far I’m happy with it and enjoy it very much, and I think that’s what matters most 😁.

I will post some more stuff when the weather turns nicer and I’m able to really have some fun 👍! Any and all (constructive) feedback, comments, opinions, etc. are welcome and encouraged 🙂.

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_3648.JPG
    IMG_3648.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3647.JPG
    IMG_3647.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
How did you mount that see-all to the huben??
I drilled two holes in the sight. I utilized the hole that is used for rear sight elevation. I drilled another hole in the rear tab that I had made. So, I had two screws securing the sight. I had to file down the bottom of the sight for it to fit as you see in the photo.

Reactions: longdog
Reactions: scottblair
Just thought I'd share. Crazy about this gun!
View attachment 435783

Longdog,

I had the same idea for a scope as you... — the Leupold Freedom RDS.

I have never ever used a dot sight.
➠ So, please, do tell me, how it works on a pistol: What's good, and what's not so good — for two-handed pistol shooting at 10 to 20y.

Thanks! 😊

Matthias

Longdog,

I had the same idea for a scope as you... — the Leupold Freedom RDS.

I have never ever used a dot sight.
➠ So, please, do tell me, how it works on a pistol: What's good, and what's not so good — for two-handed pistol shooting at 10 to 20y.

Thanks! 😊

Matthias
It‘s my favorite sight. I like the 1moa dot. The target in the picture is 23 measured yards off a rest….17 shots.
I have two shrouds each set up with several different sight systems. I’ll take pics and post when I get some time….maybe this weekend

Reactions: M0ist0ne