Huben GK1 optics

Another option to mount an optic farther back is a cantilever
1000006627.jpg

Btw, I don't like this monstrum. It doesn't have the 6" claimed. Also, it is too dim.
Will have another mounting option soon.

Another option to mount an optic farther back is a cantilever
View attachment 406188

Btw, I don't like this monstrum. It doesn't have the 6" claimed. Also, it is too dim.
Will have another mounting option soon.
Is that a folding stock attached to your pistol?! How did you mount that?!?!

Reactions: addison
Folks, I am pretty green on red dots and could use some input. I was planing on ordering the new Holosun HE507COMP-GR

But just learned of a Primary Arms version that @Nutcracker mentioned in another thread. Looks like the HE507C-GR-X2

I think the vulcan reticle would make for better guesstimation holdovers, and I like some of the other features. The HE507COMP looks to be a new release according to the Holsun site. Is there newer improved beneficial updates to choose the COMP version over the HE507C?

Is there a better red dot compatible with the M0ist0ne mount?

Thanks much!

Folks, I am pretty green on red dots and could use some input. I was planing on ordering the new Holosun HE507COMP-GR

But just learned of a Primary Arms version that @Nutcracker mentioned in another thread. Looks like the HE507C-GR-X2

I think the vulcan reticle would make for better guesstimation holdovers, and I like some of the other features. The HE507COMP looks to be a new release according to the Holsun site. Is there newer improved beneficial updates to choose the COMP version over the HE507C?

Is there a better red dot compatible with the M0ist0ne mount?

Thanks much!
This Holosun, HS507COMP CRS 2 MOA Dot & 8/20/32 MOA Circle, is the best choice for the pistol. The only exception is the circles don't meet up at the bottom for more precise aiming at longer ranges. It was my second choice of dot sight based solely on cost ($150 vs $400). I ended up getting a Burris FastFire3 with 3 moa dot because of the size of the dot, they are parallax free, the additional picatinny rail mount included, and the Burris forever warranty. Midway USA has great prices on them if you are interested.

Check out the dope chart I came up with for the 3 moa red dot, assuming a low dot mount at 1.25" from bore height and reasonably high power and speed from JSB MKII Heavy's. At midrange pistol shooting yardages you're either using the bottom, centered, or top radius of the dot. It would probably be imperceptibly the same with a 2 moa dot on it's brightest setting. That Holosun 8 moa circle would be good for pretty accurate estimation to 100 yards.

Screenshot_20231130-234044~2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8tshooter
According to UPS, I will receive my GK1 tomorrow 😄! Although I don’t have it yet, I decided to research some optics options and ended up purchasing some. My original plan was to get just a red dot sight. I went with one that is rail mounted and not one that would need a mount to attach at the rear of the pistol just because I didn’t want to have to buy the mount and because they have a little bit of a smaller window. This is the sight that I ended up buying:

VOTATU RMD502 Multiple Reticle Red Dot Sight

When it arrived, I took it out of the package, turned it on, and looked through it. It looked bad—so bad, in fact, that I initiated a return through Amazon. After doing so, I did some research and, long story short, I ended up cancelling the return when I learned about the effect of astigmatism on red dots. After doing some more research, I decided to buy a magnifier because many people with astigmatism had stated that a magnifier rectified their blurry red dot problem completely. This is the magnifier I bought:

VOTATU M3X Red Dot Magnifier

I purchased this magnifier, first and foremost, because it has very positive reviews for its price; and secondly, because it is from the same company as the red dot, and I just like things to go together. When the magnifier arrived, I immediately checked the red dot through it and it was perfectly crisp. This is a screenshot of a manufacturer’s video from Amazon that allayed any fears I had of the magnifier not lining up with my red dot:
IMG_2257.jpeg

Also, for anyone who’d like to know, I am using these for mounting to the GK1’s dovetail because the optics are designed to fit picatinny rails:

Higoo 11mm Dovetail to 20mm Picatinny/Weaver Low Pro Snap-in Rail Adaptor

I will hopefully soon be posting pics along with reviews of everything I bought. If anyone has experience with these products, please share your experience and opinion of them. As always, any helpful comments or feedback is greatly appreciated 🙂!

Yeah, agreed, who the hell designed the trigger guard ? Maybe after a liquid lunch ?

As far as 11mm vs Picatinny/Weaver, rail...WHY...use the 11mm rail. ALL good sighting options that are to attach to a rail, are designed to be attached to a...Picatinny/Weaver rail...NOT the 11mm (or 13mm rail). Yeah, there's a FEW 11mm rail scope rings and dot sights. But 90% or so...a Picatinny is the best way to go.
NO one likes adding "adapters".

I had thought of putting one of my SeeAll sights on my GK1.
Since I have a habit of swapping sights around to different guns, my GK1 may end up with one of my SeeAll sights one of these days.

Mike
Liquid Lunch-Ha! The guy who designed the trigger guard owns the patent on the brass knuckle.

According to UPS, I will receive my GK1 tomorrow 😄! Although I don’t have it yet, I decided to research some optics options and ended up purchasing some. My original plan was to get just a red dot sight. I went with one that is rail mounted and not one that would need a mount to attach at the rear of the pistol just because I didn’t want to have to buy the mount and because they have a little bit of a smaller window. This is the sight that I ended up buying:

VOTATU RMD502 Multiple Reticle Red Dot Sight

When it arrived, I took it out of the package, turned it on, and looked through it. It looked bad—so bad, in fact, that I initiated a return through Amazon. After doing so, I did some research and, long story short, I ended up cancelling the return when I learned about the effect of astigmatism on red dots. After doing some more research, I decided to buy a magnifier because many people with astigmatism had stated that a magnifier rectified their blurry red dot problem completely. This is the magnifier I bought:

VOTAVOTATU RMD502 Multiple Reticle Red Dot SightTU M3X Red Dot Magnifier

I purchased this magnifier, first and foremost, because it has very positive reviews for its price; and secondly, because it is from the same company as the red dot, and I just like things to go together. When the magnifier arrived, I immediately checked the red dot through it and it was perfectly crisp. This is a screenshot of a manufacturer’s video from Amazon that allayed any fears I had of the magnifier not lining up with my red dot:
View attachment 407989

Also, for anyone who’d like to know, I am using these for mounting to the GK1’s dovetail because the optics are designed to fit picatinny rails:

Higoo 11mm Dovetail to 20mm Picatinny/Weaver Low Pro Snap-in Rail Adaptor

I will hopefully soon be posting pics along with reviews of everything I bought. If anyone has experience with these products, please share your experience and opinion of them. As always, any helpful comments or feedback is greatly appreciated 🙂!
An optic without magnification, like a reflex sight, will have long (unlimited) eye relief good for a handgun. Adding magnification will reduce the eye relief & won't work well with a handgun unless you are into the "Taco Hold". IMO, if you want an optic with magnification, you would be better off with a handgun scope specifically made for a handgun having long eye relief.

An optic without magnification, like a reflex sight, will have long (unlimited) eye relief good for a handgun. Adding magnification will reduce the eye relief & won't work well with a handgun unless you are into the "Taco Hold". IMO, if you want an optic with magnification, you would be better off with a handgun scope specifically made for a handgun having long eye relief.
My original intention was to buy only a red dot but my astigmatism is mostly why I got the magnifier. I know it’s not ideal for a pistol but I don’t mind holding it close. I’m not going to be using it in “combat”. I’ll probably be sitting for shooting at any distance greater than 50 feet. Also, I want to have the red dot for when I get new glasses. Hopefully I won’t need the magnifier to sharpen the reticle when wearing them. But at least I’ll have the option to use it for when I want to challenge myself for some fun long shots.

The gun arrived today but I ran into an issue with mounting the red dot. The magnifier went on fine with the 4-slot snap-in adapter I bought. But using the same adapter, the sight wouldn’t tighten to the dovetail rail. I ended up ordering this to use in lieu of the two adapters:

LONSEL 11mm Dovetail to 21mm Picatinny Rail

I really hope that it works 🤞! I’ll post an update when I’m able.

Franck404. I drilled holes in the shroud and drilled in the rail to match the existing bolt at the back for the sight.

With the shroud removed, After much trial and error, I bolted the rail to the shroud. There is very little room next to the barrel, so I ended up with the bolt heads inside the shroud and nut on the rail mount holes.

Mike,
I hate to say this, but those SeeAll sights are not appropriate for an air pistol. I mistakenly bought one. It is still in the box. Because of hold over required at distance you lose sight of the target.......useless. Further, 11mm rails have been around for a very long time. They are smaller and allow a mounted sight to be closer to the barrel line. They have always and currently work every bit as good and actually better than any other rail system because of their smaller size.. I will further say that if you think those higher priced sight systems are NOT made in China, I have a really good deal on a bridge. just for you
Mr. Steve -

You apparently / obviously...know NOT of what you speak !

Mike

Franck404. I drilled holes in the shroud and drilled in the rail to match the existing bolt at the back for the sight.

With the shroud removed, After much trial and error, I bolted the rail to the shroud. There is very little room next to the barrel, so I ended up with the bolt heads inside the shroud and nut on the rail mount holes.
Thank you for the answer.
The result is superb but I won't risk drilling the shroud.

Mr. Steve -

You apparently / obviously...know NOT of what you speak !

Mike
Just what did I state that is not true? Get your calipers out and measure the distance of barrel center to sight center. In every case a given sight system will sit higher from the barrel center line than that same sight on an 11mm rail. The greater that distance, the more hold under is required at short distances. In the case of SeeAll sights, just like open sights, the system blocks the target view below the sight line. This is why open sights are generally adjusted for a 6 o"clock hold. With a PB pistol, this is not too much of an issue because there is virtually no bullet drop at pistol distances. That is not the case with an Air Pistol.

Just what did I state that is not true? Get your calipers out and measure the distance of barrel center to sight center. In every case a given sight system will sit higher from the barrel center line than that same sight on an 11mm rail. The greater that distance, the more hold under is required at short distances. In the case of SeeAll sights, just like open sights, the system blocks the target view below the sight line. This is why open sights are generally adjusted for a 6 o"clock hold. With a PB pistol, this is not too much of an issue because there is virtually no bullet drop at pistol distances. That is not the case with an Air Pistol.
Steve-l wrote -
I hate to say this, but those SeeAll sights are not appropriate for an air pistol. I mistakenly bought one. It is still in the box. Because of hold over required at distance you lose sight of the target.......useless.

Again, the above comment, is incorrect, and useless.
1 - Their use is NO different than iron sights. Funny...people have used iron sights for...yeah, just a FEW years, and still do ! And have used them at short and longer distances.
Hell, I used to shoot my little Beretta, 21A...WITH iron sights (!) at a piece of steel plate, at a distance of about 120 yards (maybe more)...AND hit it ! So, there IS that.

2 - The use of the SeeAll sight is NO different than iron sights.
Therefore, the SeeAll sight IS useful, and relevant on firearms AND airguns.
I have NO problems using the SeeAll sights on either my air powered guns OR my crossbows.

I'll take yours off your hands is you don't like it that much... I can actually put it to use !

Mike

Reactions: Nutcracker