Huben GK1 optics

Holosun, HE508T-GR-X2
With the MOistOne's printed mount.
The mount is very nicely done. No sanding of the sides/edges to remove the "printing" lines. Yeah, It could be a LITTLE smoother, but you'd need to look very closely to see much difference. Solid, once snugged up, there's no movement in the front of the mount. The mount screws threads are brass inserts.

From using the 11mm rail, with an 11mm to Picatinny adapter, with... the sight mount adapter to the Picatinny mount, I only had to adjust the sights elevation a small amount to compensate for the height difference.
One click, change in the windage adjustment to compensate.

1698445943016.jpeg

Mike

Holosun, HE508T-GR-X2
With the MOistOne's printed mount.
The mount is very nicely done. No sanding of the sides/edges to remove the "printing" lines. Yeah, It could be a LITTLE smoother, but you'd need to look very closely to see much difference. Solid, once snugged up, there's no movement in the front of the mount. The mount screws threads are brass inserts.

From using the 11mm rail, with an 11mm to Picatinny adapter, with... the sight mount adapter to the Picatinny mount, I only had to adjust the sights elevation a small amount to compensate for the height difference.
One click, change in the windage adjustment to compensate.

View attachment 400547

Mike
From a purely aesthetic perspective, the GK1 looks so much better with the RDS in this position than it does further away on the dovetail rail. I'm a little surprised that Huben didn't do that themselves on the first go around. My only other issue with the design is the odd-shaped trigger guard. How are you liking it?

Reactions: M0ist0ne
A plate carrier is a vest that is meant to hold "body armour. It looks like that holster is attached to the vest
Ok. There is a name for those, but I don't recall what it is. The ones I looked at were adjustable for different weapons. At any rate, mine are for belt carry. Either vertically or horizontally. I guess that velcro would attract to tactical clothing, so maybe dual use? I wear it on a belt. I had to snip here and there to for fit and sew the retention stap to fit the Huben. Works great. Can hides out into the mag pouch. Bill and Addi
20231008_105111.jpg
20231008_105111.jpg

Reactions: bmr4life
From a purely aesthetic perspective, the GK1 looks so much better with the RDS in this position than it does further away on the dovetail rail. I'm a little surprised that Huben didn't do that themselves on the first go around. My only other issue with the design is the odd-shaped trigger guard. How are you liking it?
Yeah, agreed, who the hell designed the trigger guard ? Maybe after a liquid lunch ?

As far as 11mm vs Picatinny/Weaver, rail...WHY...use the 11mm rail. ALL good sighting options that are to attach to a rail, are designed to be attached to a...Picatinny/Weaver rail...NOT the 11mm (or 13mm rail). Yeah, there's a FEW 11mm rail scope rings and dot sights. But 90% or so...a Picatinny is the best way to go.
NO one likes adding "adapters".

I had thought of putting one of my SeeAll sights on my GK1.
Since I have a habit of swapping sights around to different guns, my GK1 may end up with one of my SeeAll sights one of these days.

Mike

Yeah, agreed, who the hell designed the trigger guard ? Maybe after a liquid lunch ?

As far as 11mm vs Picatinny/Weaver, rail...WHY...use the 11mm rail. ALL good sighting options that are to attach to a rail, are designed to be attached to a...Picatinny/Weaver rail...NOT the 11mm (or 13mm rail). Yeah, there's a FEW 11mm rail scope rings and dot sights. But 90% or so...a Picatinny is the best way to go.

Since I have a habit of swapping sights around to different guns, my GK1 may end up with one of my SeeAll sights one of these days.

Mike
"Liquid lunch" -- That was hilarious.

A
Ok. There is a name for those, but I don't recall what it is. The ones I looked at were adjustable for different weapons. At any rate, mine are for belt carry. Either vertically or horizontally. I guess that velcro would attract to tactical clothing, so maybe dual use? I wear it on a belt. I had to snip here and there to for fit and sew the retention stap to fit the Huben. Works great. Can hides out into the mag pouch. Bill and Addi View attachment 400599View attachment 400599
Hhh, I see now. What's the brand name on those, I can't read the little emblem from the picture

I have a $500 viper PST 2 scope on my Western rattler 357 and a Romeo 5 red dot with a magnifier on my Huban K1 for anything ranged. I wanted to keep my GK1 light and simple for short range out to about 20 yards max. I have it set to shoot 40 grain slugs at 60 FPE, out to 20 yards anything the size of a coyote or Fox and smaller it takes out in one shot. So I kept it simple, I just put a red dot on it and I use the iron sights that are on it. As for caring it around I found this holster on Amazon, it can either be strapped to your belt for a holster carry or it comes with a strap so you can carry it around your neck and just let it hang on your side.

IMG20231028130841.jpg

IMG20231028130812.jpg

Removed the angled flange on the bottom of See All sight, utilized the site elevation screw hole & tapped a hole in a tab I have my sling stud mounted to. Makes for a low, secure mount. It's not as precise as the scope, but it is great for plinking, consistently hitting quarter-size swingers at 25 yards. I love this GK1.
The sight elevation screw hole might have been enough to hold, but I figured I had that tab just as well to use it. 2 screws are better than one, :)

20231103_114804.jpg

20231103_114759.jpg

20231102_163208.jpg

Never shot a red dot before. Picked up a vector optics frenzy mini red dot. Already figured I will end up with a shake awake later on.

View attachment 400291
Hello AGN! This is my first post on the site 😁!! I

It looks like the sight is mounted directly on the 11mm dovetail rail. Is it made for 11mm or are you utilizing an unseen adapter, such as this snap-in dovetail to picatinny:

Does anyone have experience using a snap-in adapter like the one in the link above? It seems pretty straightforward and looks like it would work perfectly, in theory.

It looks like the sight is mounted directly on the 11mm dovetail rail. Is it made for 11mm or are you utilizing an unseen adapter, such as this snap-in dovetail to picatinny:

Does anyone have experience using a snap-in adapter like the one in the link above? It seems pretty straightforward and looks like it would work perfectly, in theory.
I'm using this one. it's a pack of 2 and I use the other on my Diana bandit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BNHFLQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes I am using the snap in picitinny to dovetail adapter for my red dot.

Mike
Mike,
I hate to say this, but those SeeAll sights are not appropriate for an air pistol. I mistakenly bought one. It is still in the box. Because of hold over required at distance you lose sight of the target.......useless. Further, 11mm rails have been around for a very long time. They are smaller and allow a mounted sight to be closer to the barrel line. They have always and currently work every bit as good and actually better than any other rail system because of their smaller size.. I will further say that if you think those higher priced sight systems are NOT made in China, I have a really good deal on a bridge. just for you

Reactions: addison
Mike,
I hate to say this, but those SeeAll sights are not appropriate for an air pistol. I mistakenly bought one. It is still in the box. Because of hold over required at distance you lose sight of the target.......useless. Further, 11mm rails have been around for a very long time. They are smaller and allow a mounted sight to be closer to the barrel line. They have always and currently work every bit as good and actually better than any other rail system because of their smaller size.. I will further say that if you think those higher priced sight systems are NOT made in China, I have a really good deal on a bridge. just for you
I don’t have a seesall on my pistol!! I have a vector optics frenzy 2x20x28 on my Gk1 go Troll someone else. I Just might take a hammer to the seealls

DSCN0423.jpeg

Reactions: Wauzoo