Huben GK1, NEW loading gate, flawless ☆☆☆☆.

MOistOne has a winner. Awhile ago I posted about a magnetic closing swing-open loading gate for the GK1. It had issues resulting in jamming. It flew open . I replaced the small magnet 🧲 with a much stronger 💪 one. Seemed the problem was solved. But I still got jamming. When I seated the pellets, it worked fine. I really don't want to be bothered with seating the pellets. Someone or two will, no doubt, respond seating is necessary for consistency and accuracy. Ya, ok. I'm not of that ilk.
A member, MOistOne, saw my post, and offered to send me one he makes. Bottom line, it works great. I ran 18.1gr, 25.4gr pellets and NSA 20.2 slugs without a hick-up. NOT seated. Shot it pointing up, pointing down, sideways, and upside down; no problem.
I believe the problem with the first one is the base mount of the gate. It's noticeably thinner than MOistOne's. This exposes the skirt as the magazine cycles during firing. At the mid point of indexing, the blowback pushes the skirt back just enough to catch on the frame. If the base was thicker, or the gate was closer to the cylinders, it would probably be fine. If you have one of those gates and don't want to seat your ammo, shim the base about 2mm. Should be good to go. On the other hand, if you are going to get a swing open gate and don't want to have to fiddle with it, just get MOistOne's loading gate. Seated or not, it just plain WORKS. And finally, he also sent me a fill port plug he makes. That's a great 👍 accessory to use.
The pictures aren't great, but hopefully they help. Thanks to you MOistOne, you have a winner. Two in fact.
Last thing. He is in the process of refining a red dot mount for rear mount placement. Prototype looks promising.
Bill and Addi.

20231021_105448.jpg

20231021_110538.jpg

20231021_110547.jpg

20231021_110601.jpg

20231021_110630.jpg

20231021_110638.jpg

20231021_110645.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice loading gate for the GK1. A couple of questions:

1. It's hard to tell from the pics, but can you load four pellets with gate up, or just 3 in .22? It looks like that top hinge partially blocks a mag chamber.

2. Was installation as simple as remove original loading gate two hex screws , and use same screw to install new loading gate?

It also seems like this improved loading gate would make it easier to push out pellets that might be left in mag, but we don't or can't shoot them out.

Reactions: M0ist0ne
Very nice loading gate for the GK1. A couple of questions:

1. It's hard to tell from the pics, but can you load four pellets with gate up, or just 3 in .22? It looks like that top hinge partially blocks a mag chamber.

2. Was installation as simple as remove original loading gate two hex screws , and use same screw to install new loading gate?

It also seems like this improved loading gate would make it easier to push out pellets that might be left in mag, but we don't or can't shoot them out.
Yep, 3 at a time. Yep, same screws. And you're right , the gate makes unloading a breeze. Since I don't seat my pellets, I open the gate, point it up and rotate mag. They fall out. Loading is a wash , but unloading is no contest. Bill and Addi

Reactions: bernieorosz