• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben GK1 mounts etc.

Some of you have been creating mounts for the GK1, and that is awesome. And we all know the mount M0ist0ne created (see topic, visit his shop), and it seems to be the most time proven and user friendly option so far 👌

While I wait for that mount to arrive (being Euro and all) I was already trying out other options that don’t require any machining etc.

I figured I’d share some concepts/try-outs and create a topic where we can share the options that are out there. As it’s good to have options :)

Picatinny rail:
First thing I tried was this airsoft rear sight rail. By the looks of it, it could fit in the slot of the rear sight. And it does (sort of):

4A67E2BC-B659-456C-BF0F-647F7BB8D14E.jpeg

By removing a bit of material it fits nicely into the rear sight slot.

IMG_3739.jpeg

The second fixing hole can be used to insert the original short screw and a tiny nut with some spacers (exactly fitting the sight slot) to keep the mount aligned.

IMG_3738.jpeg

With a screw a, little longer than the original rear sight screw, it’s easily mounted.

This airsoft rail is polymer, so you can really tighten it down. But there is also a alu version available.

I think with some more attention (cleaner sanding, better spacers etc) this mount could work. But it’s fixed with just the one screw and I have no idea if this will hold, but hey: it’s a start :)

RMR Plate:
I used the mounting plate from a ‘RMR off-set mount’ like this.

92CE6E20-B451-4F49-B202-0F2D5AF85943.jpeg

Again using the fixing hole for the rear sight, with a second screw and a random nut (made to fit the slot) to keep it aligned.
Also fixed by just the one screw, but this seems to be rock solid. I’ll be using this option with a holsun red dot and see if it sticks 😅

Another idea based on these:
Maybe someone can CNC a mount like this, that fits right into the rear sight slot, and also utilize the push-through pin of the original sight. So it’s fixed in 2 places.
Just an idea, I’d buy it :)

I have no clue if the single screw will be enough to hold the mount in place. I have yet to test it with a complete shooting session.
So as always: try at your own risk :)

Looking forward to see other options!

I like you ingenuity.. I don't have CNC but if I had the gun and a aluminum rail that had enough meat would be simple to clamp in the mill and make it to fit.. that gk1 is on my list of wish to have.. but it's a lot of money..
you might find someone near you that has a milling machine, some small shops that do machine work are very reasonable in price.. they would likely want the aluminum rail and gun with rear sight for measurements and fitting.. most of the big shops that use CNC just go off measurements and usually only do a batch.. small shops measure and then ultimately hand fit..
Mark

Reactions: PCPFanNL
That’s not a bad idea, taking the measurements and have a shop look at the design. To see what’s possible and at what cost.
Added to the todo (y)
better yet if you have any friends in the area that know other people.. if you find a retired machinest, he's likely to have a mill in his garage to tinker.. like me.. and do it for a fraction of anything else..
wishing you luck finding a old timer itching to have a little project..
Mark

better yet if you have any friends in the area that know other people.. if you find a retired machinest, he's likely to have a mill in his garage to tinker.. like me.. and do it for a fraction of anything else..
wishing you luck finding a old timer itching to have a little project..
Mark
I looked at your profile and saw that you are in the Netherlands.. wish you were closer, I'd just make the mount for the sight for you.. I commend your effort to make things work..
I also like the seeall sights that I think Mike vv posted awhile back.. definitely going to try one at some point since open sights are getting harder to find on new rifles.
Mark

Reactions: PCPFanNL
My latest fuzzy idea is to mount an upside-down airsoft folding stock to the bottom of the grip, and then bolt or TIG weld something for cheek support.
I wish you also were nearby, I have a notos stock that I don't ever plan on using, might fit or be able to modify..i bought the open sights and pistol grip.. because I wanted a pistol.. and I am really hoping to shorten my notos to 16" from it's current length of 22" it's just too long for freehand shooting. also while I have it disassembled I am going to check out the air tube and see if I can shorten it to.. and hopefully get it to what I consider a large pistol 12"
Mark

Reactions: JDGriz
@markhooper Ah, yes, that way can also work - anything that avoids doing stuff to the receiver and only hangs stuff off the grip.
well if you were closer I'd offer it to you and help fit it.. especially if you let me shoot a magazine 😃 but you are across the pond and it is not worth the shipping..
mark

@markhooper Ideas can still cross the pond :)
pm me if you want to talk about it or exchange measurements and pictures and see if it is possible.. others might also benefit from it if we post the conclusion too.. as far as shipping across the pond I don't know anything about it.. so I'd need answers on it.. pm me if you want and we can share pictures of the dimensions and mounting.. I'm guessing that it similar shape to a 1911 but I'm guessing that it is bigger... it's mounted by the same 4 screws that either hold it or the pistol grips.. 2oee side grip..
there's another guy Buck grip who 3 d prints a lot of different sticks for different pistols like the snowpeak and the marader pistol.. so he possibly has one for the huben gk1 or might be willing to make one since I don't see anything except money for the gk1 to keep it from spreading in popularity.
Mark

I looked at your profile and saw that you are in the Netherlands.. wish you were closer, I'd just make the mount for the sight for you.. I commend your effort to make things work..
I also like the seeall sights that I think Mike vv posted awhile back.. definitely going to try one at some point since open sights are getting harder to find on new rifles.
Mark
Much appreciated (y)

I’m actually looking into a (basic, small parts) mill myself now, because of our talk here 😅 As this little project is the 100th time I thought ‘if only I had a mill’ :)

Reactions: markhooper
I found another way to mount a rail (on the rear of the pistol):

00.jpeg

Use a 11mm Dovetail To Picatinny Rail Adaptor like this:

IMG_3789.jpeg

Remove some of the dovetail edges but leave enough so the rail can still clamp onto the GK1 dovetail rail.
And drill a fixing hole at the back (aligning with the fixing hole for the original rear sight):

01.jpeg

(The fixing hole is estimated on this picture, make sure to align this correctly.)

Clamp it onto the dovetail, fixe the rear sight screw. The result is a rail that is fixed in 2 places :)

03.jpeg

This is a 150mm long adaptor, but there is also a 200mm version available. And together with the smaller versions you can cover the whole top dovetail with picatinny!

Last edited:
Hello Friends, Happy Friday and nearly Happy New Year!

I wanted to remove this pin to take some measurements to try making a metal mount. But just want to confirm this isn’t going to be near impossible to put back in.

I purchased a pin punch kit designed for watches that includes a .7mm, .8mm, and .9mm punch. It appears the .7 & .8 would work but I gave some light taps and didn’t get any movement. I think maybe I’m babying it and it just needs more force. Could anyone who’s done so, please chime in and also confirm it’s possibly to put it back in once removed. Thank you!

IMG_7279.jpeg

Reactions: Bernie7