• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben GK1 LEAKING WHILE trying to Fill air

was trying to fill air yesterday, & it LEAKING really bad around the fill probe , was not successful in fu;lly airing up , i can not see any damage to o rings on the probe, the gk1 does not have 500 shots thru it yet..
so the gun is holding air, the O-rings on the fill probe are not damaged, and air comes out only when you are trying to fill the gun? It sounds to me like the problem is somewhere upstream of your air gun like maybe the O-ring in your foster coupling? Or maybe it doesn't fit this particular probe so well? I have one fill hose that fits very snuggly on most of my fill probes but is too tight to fully lock in on one of my probes

Reactions: Azycray
so the gun is holding air, the O-rings on the fill probe are not damaged, and air comes out only when you are trying to fill the gun? It sounds to me like the problem is somewhere upstream of your air gun like maybe the O-ring in your foster coupling? Or maybe it doesn't fit this particular probe so well? I have one fill hose that fits very snuggly on most of my fill probes but is too tight to fully lock in on one of my probes
Foster fitting leaks are unfortunately very common because there appears to be no enforced dimensional standards for these quick connect fittings and can often cause the fittings to blow apart under pressure, which can be very exciting. When this happens, it very often ruins the internal O ring internal to the female Foster fitting.

thanks for the reply's, yesterday i took a 10 minute break to walk out back to check for groundhogs, nada , so i decided to shoot a junk car , & the first 2 shots burped/farted & no pellet exited for either shot , the next 5 shots were fine, i went back to work , will try again today sometime, still have not figured, why it is leaking while filling..

up until now (will try to check ) i always eyeballed the gauge, did not loose any air for up 5 days. i am lucky to have lots of air (lots lost from a Great white) while trying to fill, also have a Coltri comp, think i might give Kelly a call.
My thought exactly. I had a small leak and i mean small. Real slow leak in pressure. I sent it to Kelly and problem fixed. To be honest I dont remember the exact o-ring that was the problem. It was around the power adjuster, i think. I do know he put in all new orings and problem solved. With the gun at full or near full it has tremendous pressure on it so things can go wrong pretty quickly.

David

Reactions: BABz58
yesterday , i remembered reading a post on this forum stating that the Notos fill probe will fill the Gk1, so i swiped it from my poor neglected notos , & sure enough it filled my favorite Pcp, & no leaking while filling , apparently, there is a bad Oring that i can't see on the gk1 f/probe, now i have to look up the poster to say thanks..

Last edited:
Reactions: Peskådot671
I dunno if mine is leaking, or just my imagination, but I notice a very low of pressure drop, after not using it for a solid week. I'm not saying I can't live with that, but I guess this is not normal. Shouldn't lose pressure at all, right?
I have 3 GK1 pistols. One of them has a slow leak, which takes 5 days to leak down below 150 after a full fill.. That one also burps some.