• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben GK1- I’m getting confused

I just found out about this bad boy, so please don’t flame me here. I’m aware there are other threads and have many responses. I will do what I do best and spit out the questions.
1 - is this gun regulated? I’ve seen videos with chrony showing consistent power drop when set at high power.
2 - number of shots per fill at high power, I know it’s adjustable and low to moderate power yields many shots.
3 - is moderator adapter now included or is it add on?
4 - what are these speed adapters that some gave home made? I fail to see how it speeds up loading the mag.
5 - non removable mag, not sure I’m crazy about this. LCS and obviously HUBEN do this. Is this better than removable mags?

That’s all. I find the gun intriguing, but there are questions in my mind. Thanks

I'll give this a try...

1 - is this gun regulated? I’ve seen videos with chrony showing consistent power drop when set at high power.
No, it's not regulated. There is some confusion because the one Gregor built himself was regulated. But, mine is still fairly consistent.

2 - number of shots per fill at high power, I know it’s adjustable and low to moderate power yields many shots.
I can get two full magazine out of my .25 cal, set at 850 FPS. The mag on the .25 hold 17 pellets.

3 - is moderator adapter now included or is it add on?
It depends on who you purchase from. Some vendors are supplying them. I purchased from Kelly at Kraz Kool and he included the adapter. It is also my understanding that the next batch from Huben will have the adapter included from Huben.

4 - what are these speed adapters that some gave home made? I fail to see how it speeds up loading the mag.
The stock loading gate only alows you to insert one pelet at a time between cycling. I.E. Insert 1 pellet, cycle mag forward one position, inter next pellet. The aftermarket loading gates such as those sold by Kelly, will allow you to insert 3 pellets before having to cycle the magazine. I.E. Insert 3 pellets, move the magazine forward 3 clicks then insert 3 more pellets. It does speed the loading a little, but makes it a lot less tedious.

5 - non removable mag, not sure I’m crazy about this. LCS and obviously HUBEN do this. Is this better than removable mags?
Since the GK1 is designed from the same action as the K1, they just kept it the same. It works fine for me, since most revolvers are only 5-6 shot pistols, having 17 shots is plenty for my needs!

Hope this helps...