Huben GK1 Fill Probe

Probes of all types are mass-produced for aliexpress; why use non-generic parts if you can use generic?
This is not in the same league as using a whole off-the-shelf MDT ACC chassis (like the FX DRS), but this is how things should be, design-wise, when the costs of manufacturing are taken into account.
A lot of Crosman parts are used in other airguns too, I think, like the grip-trigger frames (at least in the US, where you can buy single specific Crosman parts).

True, I know the Hatsan fill probes will fit the FX Dreamline and some of the Evanix air rifles. It would be nice if one day, they would settle on one standard fill probe for all air rifles...
This is how standartisation takes place- it is a naturally occuring market or production cost-driven convergeance in many cases (except for USB-C).

Yeah, as you know, there are a few probes that interchange.
BUT, as I found, it's not only the basic probe diameter, but the positioning of the o-rings vs. the inlet hole in the given guns air cylinder. I have at least one probe diameter that matches, but, that has the o-rings too close together, so that they don't allow air transfer to the fill hole in the cylinder of a different gun.

Not to repeat many...but again, why...don't the manufacturers just save the money of making the damn probes and make a short fitting that screws into the given location of the guns and screw a (semi permanent) Foster fitting into the guns.
It WOULD...add up, A threaded Foster fitting that's half the length of a full length probe. Thats a LOT of material cost. Plus the drilling and reaming of the port, vs, a simple threaded hole.

I don't understand.

Mike

Yeah, as you know, there are a few probes that interchange.
BUT, as I found, it's not only the basic probe diameter, but the positioning of the o-rings vs. the inlet hole in the given guns air cylinder. I have at least one probe diameter that matches, but, that has the o-rings too close together, so that they don't allow air transfer to the fill hole in the cylinder of a different gun.

Not to repeat many...but again, why...don't the manufacturers just save the money of making the damn probes and make a short fitting that screws into the given location of the guns and screw a (semi permanent) Foster fitting into the guns.
It WOULD...add up, A threaded Foster fitting that's half the length of a full length probe. Thats a LOT of material cost. Plus the drilling and reaming of the port, vs, a simple threaded hole.

I don't understand.

Mike
I’ve always wondered this as well. Threaded male foster fittings that screw into the PCP; can remove them when you don’t care about tethering … seems like a win. I hate fill probes but understand in many cases it’s probably an aesthetic decision.

Reactions: RAMJET66
Foster Nipples suck, I had so many problems with Fosters never with probes.
If they just make the probes a universal fit instead of what seems a different probe for every gun ...lol.

That would help out that " does anyone know what probe works .....". 🥴

Another little tidbit that I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but the Notos Fill Probe fits the Huben K1/GK1 and vice versa! Are we finally getting closer to an industry standard, or is it just a fluke! o_O
I'll have to check my SnowPeak P12 but so far AEA, Artemis/SnowPeak at least the ones I have the Huben probe fits..

If it fits the P12 that would mean that while there isn't an industry standard, the airgun manufacturers in China have been using the same dimensions for probe inlet for quite some time, which is funny because not too long ago the vast majority of airguners were putting down Chinese manufacturing, and here's something they've had been doing that most of the other companies are not..

I wish they all would go for standard size. Ive got a spot in my airgun supplies that has a assortment of probes and some work on multiple guns. I also would love to see foster fittings on them like my Benjamin Prod pistol
Yep have a drawer with several different probes and have always thought it would be great if I could use one or two to fill everything instead of the proprietary nonsense.

Like airguners are only going to have one brand😅.

Good seeing over here👋, and again great conversation over on Reddit..

Yep have a drawer with several different probes and have always thought it would be great if I could use one or two to fill everything instead of the proprietary nonsense.

Like airguners are only going to have one brand😅.

Good seeing over here👋, and again great conversation over on Reddit..
Yeah man right back at ya brother